Woke/Saying NO to polls
A
What you call, “dragging his feet” is actually doing his job in a methodical and Judicious manner. What he has done is made cases appeal proof. Justice isn't instant, and he has done an awesome job.
dmark @dmark
Sorry but Garland has been dragging his feet since Day One. If it weren’t for the House investigation Trump would still be unindicted.
06:23 PM - Aug 02, 2023
06:27 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Darryl Adams
A
In response to Woke/Saying NO to polls.
As an outsider, the amount of firewalling and protection the investigations needed to implement to avoid political interference is disgusting. Here in NSW AU, we had premiers and ministers investigated by Independent Commission Against corruption which can compell testimony and evidence.
09:50 PM - Aug 09, 2023
Ale Am
A
People love to complain without knowing how things actually work especially in the context of such a complex and
multi-layered investigation
08:40 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Valerie
B
Thank you. People think they know everything behind the scenes. I think that they are really working hard to make these charges stick. They know democracy is on the line. They saw how trump wiped his ass with the constitution and crapped all over decency in office. And still is!
08:35 PM - Aug 02, 2023
StDunstan
A
If I remember correctly, Garland has a near perfect record of convictions during his years as a prosecutor. Jack Smith has a talent for convicting war criminals, malignant narcissistic sociopaths like Trump probably share pathological similarities.
08:31 PM - Aug 02, 2023
StDunstan
A
In response to StDunstan.
I've read the indictment Smith released yesterday, it clearly lays out the case and Trump's involvement in the Jan 6th attempt at retaining the presidency. The last thing that we want for this country is to lose that case in court. It needs near perfect presentation.
08:41 PM - Aug 02, 2023 (Edited)
Jay Mara
A
Garland isn't investigating Trump - and it took him two years to assign Smith.
https://www.youtube.com/wa...
07:30 PM - Aug 02, 2023 (Edited)
StDunstan
A
In response to Jay Mara.
These cases take years to assemble. Bringing in Jack Smith may have been just timing after a certain amount of evidence and witnesses were accumulated. This may be the toughest prosecution in our nation's history. It requires the right touch, and a measured delivery.
08:35 PM - Aug 02, 2023
StDunstan
A
In response to Jay Mara.
Trump's malignant sociopathy combined with decades of undermining democracy by far right authoritarian theorists has damaged our country. I hope democracy survives.
10:16 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Reet Petite
A
🎯 I was a little impatient until I realized I know nothing about how DOJ builds a case & have only a Law&Order law degree. I wish people who complain about Garland “dragging his feet” would take the time to read Teri Kanefield on what it takes to hold Trump legally responsible for his actions
07:29 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Jen The Muse
A
In response to Reet Petite.
She's so good at explaining the complexity.
08:14 PM - Aug 02, 2023
ML Hart
A
Garland's attention to detail, methodical approach, combined with ethics and strong knowledge of Constitutional law - would have made him a brilliant SCOTUS justice.
People forget he successfully prosecuted the Oklahoma City bomber, Atlanta Olympics bombing, and much more.
07:27 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Steven Aufrecht
A
In response to ML Hart.
I'm hoping these prosecutions will be successful. But remember, if he never lost a case, it means there were probably cases he should have prosecuted but didn't want risk his winning streak over. Let's hope there's no risk of losing here.
09:13 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Jay Mara
A
In response to ML Hart.
The myth of Garland and the OKC Bomber is talked extensively by Kendzior
10:00 PM - Aug 02, 2023 (Edited)
dmark
A
Sorry but I don’t see it that way. I think these indictments could have been made 18 months ago. After the House hearings, Garland was forced into hiring a prosecutor. Jack Smith is doing a great job but it could have been done a long time ago.
06:33 PM - Aug 02, 2023
ML Hart
A
In response to dmark.
I worked in law for 14+ years. Real-life indictments and trials are based on linear thinking. What we see on TV is oh-so dramatic; real trials are boring by comparison.
And you don't get a second chance to get the indictment or civil complaint right - must have the *evidence* (not a hunch, or sense)
07:31 PM - Aug 02, 2023
Vee a lot of everything Happened
A
Yeah...its not like this wasn't the largest case and cases in our nation's history...that he had to oversee...not too mention all the Capitol Hill coo coos who had to be sorted...identified...arrested and sentenced...but yeah go on with the nonsense by all means😒
06:31 PM - Aug 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}