Bun the Franky
A
These people are seriously telling us they will police our private messages. That indicates we do not have any privacy on this site.
07:55 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Ike K
A
In response to Bun the Franky.
That was my first take and made me wonder about the end-to-end encryption. I think that what's being said is that if A sends B an encrypted sexually explicit message, B can complain to Spoutible. I'm no encryption expert but I doubt one can have true ETE encryption and censorship by a third party.
08:02 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Bun the Franky
A
If I send something offensive in a DM, that would seem to be covered perfectly fine in the policies regarding harassment, why make it sound elsewhere like our private messages are monitored?
In response to Ike K.
08:10 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Ike K
A
In response to Bun the Franky.
This responds to 2 of your spouts. Sadly, policies need to be spelled out with the complete idiot in mind. Hence the reference to sexually explicit. As to the encryption ambiguity, it's likely poor wording based on the need to keep it simple for the audience.
08:23 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Bun the Franky
A
In response to Ike K.
I think the reality is that probably a good attorney working in this field wasn't consulted before these TOS were posted and there is a lot of scrambling to defend poorly written policy. Which sucks, I know it's expensive but I really needs to be done ASAP.
08:27 PM - Feb 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}