Joanie Bessey
A
I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I'm in Mamma Bear mode rn and I don't like seeing @cbouzy taking all this abuse today. He put out the ? to the community and we voted. He's standing by our vote and in return we should all have his back and not stand for the abuse
08:27 PM - Feb 19, 2023
dylanshivak
A
In response to Joanie Bessey.
1/He didn’t “put the question out to the community”. I’ve been here since #Spoutible’s public launch but missed this poll - I’m assuming it was in the soft launch?

The community has changed (it’s not self-selected anymore, for one) and making policy from an old poll is not ideal.
08:45 PM - Feb 19, 2023 (Edited)
Gretchen Brahm
A
In response to dylanshivak.
Dylan, what is it that you want to see happen here? You want adult content allowed? What is your end goal with this argument that the polls are "old" and therefore not valid? This platform has only been around for 20ish days. Pretty sure that still makes it a newborn.
09:07 PM - Feb 19, 2023
dylanshivak
A
In response to Gretchen Brahm.
Like I said I do not care about whether or not the content is allowed. The justification of “the community voted” is what I find suspect - no, the community did not vote.

Just say that’s the policy and move on.
09:13 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Gretchen Brahm
A
In response to dylanshivak.
Oof... that's an interesting thought process. Is your argument, then, that 100% of the community needs to vote in order for policies to be legitimate?
09:40 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Mea Cadwell
A
Interesting concept. This means every time someone else joins then everybody has to vote again. Gosh, wouldn't that be fun. /rme
LOL
09:59 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Gretchen Brahm
A
I mean, I'm genuinely wondering what he thinks is an appropriate way to set policies for a BRAND NEW platform.

Obviously, the vast majority of people on here understand that when you start a new business, new organization, new class, etc. you need to have rules and boundaries for everyone.
In response to Mea Cadwell.
10:13 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Gretchen Brahm
A
And, for a platform like this, you do initial surveys to get feedback. Which is what happened.

Then, after your platform as grown and become more established, you tweak policies as needed. But to complain that @cbouzy isn't following solid procedures to set policies... it's ridiculous.
10:15 PM - Feb 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}