Blandine Etienne
A
This is the front and back of mittens I knitted pre-pandemic. I find fair isle color work tough and had avoided it for years! I'm practicing it again and still find it difficult.
#Handknit #knitting #mittens #FairIsle #songbird
10:23 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Pam
A
In response to Blandine Etienne.
Wow! That's intricate!
I have a really hard time with tension in colorwork.
Would love to hear suggestions. I have a few sweaters with colorwork in the yoke lined up to work on.
08:52 AM - Mar 03, 2023
Blandine Etienne
A
In response to Pam.
So far it's working for me.
12:18 PM - Mar 03, 2023
Blandine Etienne
A
In response to Pam.
For the mittens, I used the same needle size throughout but smaller size for the cuff ribbing, as usual.
12:19 PM - Mar 03, 2023
junerose32
B
Those are amazing and too pretty to use!
08:04 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Blandine Etienne
A
In response to junerose32.
Thank you! I actually don't wear them so often because they were so hard for me to make them, lol. I think I've worn them twice a year since 😝
09:01 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Carolyn
A
I keep trying to crochet but it's hard.
08:01 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Blandine Etienne
A
In response to Carolyn.
Agreed! I tried to learn crochet about 10 years ago but I couldn't get it. It felt so weird and it looked messy. I will try once again; there's so many pretty patterns and seaming you can do with crochet.
08:58 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Peggy Stuart #FirstWave
A
It gets easier with practice. I've been doing it for many years. I love you mittens. Great job! Pattern?
07:59 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Blandine Etienne
A
In response to Peggy Stuart #FirstWave.
It's the Songbirds pattern on ravelry: https://www.ravelry.com/pa...
08:51 PM - Feb 21, 2023
Blandine Etienne
A
In response to Peggy Stuart #FirstWave.
Thanks. Funny story is I bought a set wooden double pointed needles. The needles were skinny, like toothpicks. They snapped like toothpicks! When the 3rd one snapped, I bought crazy clue to put them back together. Lesson learned=metal/plastic needles if they're that tiny (US size 1 or 2)
08:56 PM - Feb 21, 2023

Only followers of this user (aktange) can see their posts

Blandine Etienne
A
In response to Andrea Kaston Tange.
Thank you. I'm glad I tried to make them. I'm practicing more so that my fair isle looks better: even tension, smooth, not puckered-looking. Having patience with tangled yarn 😤 😜
12:20 AM - Feb 20, 2023
Kelly -W-
A
They’re beautiful!! Ya, have to remind myself when doing color work to keep things loosey goosey (I tend to naturally knit on the tight side). Also practicing holding 1 color on pointer finger & other color on middle finger at same time helps speed things along.
10:37 PM - Feb 19, 2023
Blandine Etienne
A
In response to Kelly -W-.
I'm a tight knitter too. I'm frustrated trying to get a pattern's gauge. Learning continental is helping but I'm still slow and have uneven tension. My friend who is a knitting master is helping me along.
12:24 AM - Feb 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}