dani
A
Maybe it’s cheesy to say, but what makes this place special is the people who choose to be here.

I haven’t come across any genuine accounts that are here just to be shitty. Twitter is full of people who log in every day just to bully people. But not here.

I think that’s rad.
11:14 PM - Aug 11, 2023
Danny Boy
A
In response to dani.
I’m here for the news mostly. MSM went to hell years ago. All of it. Gave up my TV in 2013. And I could not support the bird any longer with a good conscience. Right now this is the best place to stay informed.
11:32 PM - Aug 11, 2023
dani
A
Do you find that you get the news you need here? I ask because it’s a common gripe that there aren’t many active journalists here.
In response to Danny Boy.
11:33 PM - Aug 11, 2023
Danny Boy
A
In response to dani.
I do. And it keeps getting better. I knew it would take some time, but I’m happy with the way things have developed so far.
12:11 AM - Aug 12, 2023
dani
A
In response to Danny Boy.
That’s really great. I’m not really here for news, I get that elsewhere. But I think it’s important that there be varied content here for everyone.

We’ve landed in a really cool place.
12:13 AM - Aug 12, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to dani.
LOL, while the other gripe is that there's too much news/politics... I love that you can really make it what you want. And, like you said, the people!
11:36 PM - Aug 11, 2023
dani
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
I get the gripe, I used to feel the same. It can take some time to find the right balance. What strikes me is that it’s clear people have full and interesting lives. The most serious people will participate in nonsense, the silliest people will stand up to bullies. It’s lovely.
11:43 PM - Aug 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}