dani
A
Maybe it’s cheesy to say, but what makes this place special is the people who choose to be here.

I haven’t come across any genuine accounts that are here just to be shitty. Twitter is full of people who log in every day just to bully people. But not here.

I think that’s rad.
11:14 PM - Aug 11, 2023
Danny Boy
A
In response to dani.
I’m here for the news mostly. MSM went to hell years ago. All of it. Gave up my TV in 2013. And I could not support the bird any longer with a good conscience. Right now this is the best place to stay informed.
11:32 PM - Aug 11, 2023
dani
A
In response to Danny Boy.
Do you find that you get the news you need here? I ask because it’s a common gripe that there aren’t many active journalists here.
11:33 PM - Aug 11, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to dani.
LOL, while the other gripe is that there's too much news/politics... I love that you can really make it what you want. And, like you said, the people!
11:36 PM - Aug 11, 2023
dani
A
I get the gripe, I used to feel the same. It can take some time to find the right balance. What strikes me is that it’s clear people have full and interesting lives. The most serious people will participate in nonsense, the silliest people will stand up to bullies. It’s lovely.
In response to Professor Kyle.
11:43 PM - Aug 11, 2023
Phil Hegedusich
A
In response to dani.
Can I like, second or third this post?
Spot on.
12:00 AM - Aug 12, 2023
dani
A
In response to Phil Hegedusich.
You may do everything except for 86 it 🙂
12:02 AM - Aug 12, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to dani.
Yeah, like you said, this place is better cuz people are genuine. E.g. I spout a ton about politics, but also about loads of other stuff – basically whatever's on my mind. Back on Twitter there're lots of accounts that tweet formulaically because it gets engagement. It's not real.
11:51 PM - Aug 11, 2023
dani
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
No it’s not. People here seem more well-rounded. There are definusome engagement baiters here, that’s to be expected but on the whole it feels like people are here to share.
11:56 PM - Aug 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}