Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/5
I have been amused reading the comments on Twitter about allowing users to own part of Spoutible. Typically, before a platform like Spoutible launches, the founders raise money. For example, Spill raised over $2 million before launching. I launched Spoutible with my personal savings and donations.
08:48 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/5
We can quickly raise money using VCs. I know because a few have already reached out via LinkedIn and Twitter. I don't and never wanted to go the VC route because Spoutible will become just another platform putting profits before its users. I didn't launch Spoutible to become rich.
08:53 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/5
I spent the past 5 years trying to make other platforms safer, only to watch those platforms ignore their own policies. So now it's time to prove a social media platform can be viable without targeted harassment, rampant abuse, and disinformation. If we can do it, then other platforms can do it too.
09:01 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 4/5
As for the naysayers and trolls, fuck them. They first claimed I was never going to launch the platform. Then they claimed no one would join a platform called Spoutible. When we launched, and people joined, they claimed Spoutible would be dead within a month. We continue to prove them wrong.
09:09 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 5/5
And yes, we have a comprehensive business and marketing plan. We are in the middle of a Twitter alternative race, and we can't make everything public. The competition is watching us, and we need to be several steps ahead of the competition.
09:22 AM - Aug 13, 2023

Only followers of this user (bootgrlll) can see their posts

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}