Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/5
I have been amused reading the comments on Twitter about allowing users to own part of Spoutible. Typically, before a platform like Spoutible launches, the founders raise money. For example, Spill raised over $2 million before launching. I launched Spoutible with my personal savings and donations.
08:48 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/5
We can quickly raise money using VCs. I know because a few have already reached out via LinkedIn and Twitter. I don't and never wanted to go the VC route because Spoutible will become just another platform putting profits before its users. I didn't launch Spoutible to become rich.
08:53 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/5
I spent the past 5 years trying to make other platforms safer, only to watch those platforms ignore their own policies. So now it's time to prove a social media platform can be viable without targeted harassment, rampant abuse, and disinformation. If we can do it, then other platforms can do it too.
09:01 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 4/5
As for the naysayers and trolls, fuck them. They first claimed I was never going to launch the platform. Then they claimed no one would join a platform called Spoutible. When we launched, and people joined, they claimed Spoutible would be dead within a month. We continue to prove them wrong.
09:09 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 5/5
And yes, we have a comprehensive business and marketing plan. We are in the middle of a Twitter alternative race, and we can't make everything public. The competition is watching us, and we need to be several steps ahead of the competition.
09:22 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Grumble
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
If you can do it, then that proves the others were unwilling to try to do it right or they were simply incompetent, not that it just couldn't be done.
09:48 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Grumble
A
In response to Grumble.
Or, maybe, you're just that good.
02:16 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Sheilah Hayden
A
09:25 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Amy Magnus
A
The National Science Foundation might be a source of nondilutive funds. I suspect you have further innovations in your back pocket, and I know they have interest in this arena. I hope you'll consider applying to them.
09:10 AM - Aug 13, 2023
Amy Magnus
A
In response to Amy Magnus.
At very least the NSF would be interested in your story. The Aug 20008 talk they hosted by Chief Data Officer Usama Fayyad on the Power of Social Networks was a revelation to me. I'm sure you would bring welcome perspective to the topic.
09:22 AM - Aug 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}