Christopher Bouzy
A
In 2024, Democrats will need a platform to organize. Democrats can't organize on Mastodon, Post News, Bluesky, or Threads. So that leaves Twitter, Facebook, and Spoutible. Where do you think most Democrats will end up? This is just the start of a very long race.
12:15 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Rebecca Mauk
B
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
We need some non-MAGAt Republicans, some Independents, and other voices.

I am a fairly moderate Democrat. Not the norm here.

Are we welcoming other voices?
02:40 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
I appreciate you asking the question and your carefully worded follow up spouts. Some of the responses demonstrate that the platform doesn't determine the behavior. Mocking, piling on, misrepresenting, obliviousness to context, and the like are common here. Like life,
#ItsMixedBagsAllTheWayDown
In response to Rebecca Mauk.
10:42 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Rebecca Mauk
B
In response to Trauma Epidemic.
You get it!

Not just myself, but some of us are literally afraid of the backlash from asking a question.

Getting reported and suspended is not something I want. I really like it here, mostly.
10:46 AM - Aug 14, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
It's a dynamic, and I consciously make the effort to give the benefit of the doubt as to people's awareness of how their words come across.

On a related note, having experienced (intensely abusive, as I now understand, after the fact) stonewalling, that's another common aspect of the dynamic here.
11:03 AM - Aug 14, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
Side note: moderators here will have a challenge in the future as some established users get reported. I've blocked one or two that were abusive, though without reporting. The 'mob' dynamic is more nebulous. I don't have high confidence that it won't worsen.
11:12 AM - Aug 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}