Christopher Bouzy
A
In 2024, Democrats will need a platform to organize. Democrats can't organize on Mastodon, Post News, Bluesky, or Threads. So that leaves Twitter, Facebook, and Spoutible. Where do you think most Democrats will end up? This is just the start of a very long race.
12:15 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Rebecca Mauk
B
We need some non-MAGAt Republicans, some Independents, and other voices.

I am a fairly moderate Democrat. Not the norm here.

Are we welcoming other voices?
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
02:40 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Mlb Anx
A
In response to Rebecca Mauk.
republicans are republicans. There is no subcategory on a voting ballot. There is no such thing as non maga, only republicans who are in denial.
10:49 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Rebecca Mauk
B
In response to Mlb Anx.
Makes perfect sense!

They do accuse me of wearing rose colored glasses about people. 😳
10:37 AM - Aug 14, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
I appreciate you asking the question and your carefully worded follow up spouts. Some of the responses demonstrate that the platform doesn't determine the behavior. Mocking, piling on, misrepresenting, obliviousness to context, and the like are common here. Like life,
#ItsMixedBagsAllTheWayDown
10:42 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Rebecca Mauk
B
In response to Trauma Epidemic.
You get it!

Not just myself, but some of us are literally afraid of the backlash from asking a question.

Getting reported and suspended is not something I want. I really like it here, mostly.
10:46 AM - Aug 14, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
I welcome everyone unless and until they're abusive, willfully obtuse, non-responsively self absorbed, obviously prejudiced/bigoted, sea lioning, or trolling.
10:37 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Tané Tachyon (she/her)
A
@MichaelSteele was welcomed here, though he hasn't spouted since April.
10:00 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Carmen Derbedrossian
A
If they come, they should follow the policies we all adhere to. No privileges, no special treatment. They really are not special. There are many Spouters that that don’t think like you and me, yet, they are respectful and soon figure out how know how to play in the public playground.
09:36 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Kevin Kretsch
A
“Moderate democrat”? What polices among non-moderate democrats do you have trouble with?
09:24 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Myra Faye Turner
A
I have zero interest in interacting with the party of White Supremacy. Still, no one is stopping Republicans from joining this platform.

But there's no way I would waste my time or energy trying to convince someone not to vote for the GOP.
08:58 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Rebecca Mauk
B
In response to Myra Faye Turner.
I HAVE to do that.

I have to believe that this red state can change with knowledge and time.

If I don't believe, then I have wasted 46 years of my life trying!
09:17 PM - Aug 13, 2023
The Phantom.
A
Define “fairly moderate” with policy.
08:24 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Rebecca Mauk
B
In response to The Phantom..
I think my meaning is that I am not like Bernie, and not like Manchin. The far left and the far right of the party.

Inclusive of all of those, just they are different than I am.
Not better, not worse, just different.
08:32 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Ronald Alexander
A
It doesn't matter how smoothly you talk. How good you are on TV. You can say all the right things but in the end, they will fall in line with MAGA/GQP and support their most oppressive policies. As a Blackman, they have nothing to offer me but pain and suffering. One benefit DeSantis was right about
08:24 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Rebecca Mauk
B
In response to Ronald Alexander.
Now...that makes sense to me.

Over the last couple years, with lots of fighting, I have been able to convince some friends/family of the error of their thinking. Even got them to vote BLUE to save Democracy.

I guess I thought that the SANITY of this site could do that.
08:37 PM - Aug 13, 2023
R H
A
In response to Ronald Alexander.
EXACTLY Ron!
09:29 PM - Aug 13, 2023
VergeClub
A
I can't make head or tail of what you're saying. There is a world of voices outside US politics. So why aren't you acknowledging all of those voices? Some clarity about your word meanings would be helpful.
08:19 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Rebecca Mauk
B
In response to VergeClub.
I also follow other countries politics. Just don't know enough to think my opinion would be worthwhile. I should research more I suppose. At least for intelligent support!
08:47 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to VergeClub.
She replied to cbouzy's original spout about Dem organizing--i.e., US politics. That's the context.
08:20 AM - Aug 14, 2023
M Briatack
A
They can stay on Twitter
03:30 PM - Aug 13, 2023
Rebecca Mauk
B
In response to M Briatack.
So, no voices that aren't saying the exact same thing we say?

Got it...
05:10 PM - Aug 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}