Christopher Bouzy
A
Literally, no one has had their account suspended because of adult content, but if you go to Twitter, you would think we were burning books and banning sex workers. I even saw a tweet with someone claiming we are banning pride flags. It reeks of coordination.
02:13 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Karistina Lafae
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I'm not part of a coordinated campaign. I'm a person who knows people who can't afford food without sharing links to their adult content on Twitter because that's the only way they can make money. If this is to be the Twitter replacement, these folks deserve to be free from hate & harassment too.
02:38 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Danielle
A
In response to Karistina Lafae.
It absolutely cannot be everything to everyone. Twitter is working for the people you’re referring to and it’s still there.
02:45 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Karistina Lafae
A
In response to Danielle.
But they're getting harassed. Threatened. Bullied. By making them unwelcome on here, it's tacitly saying that they deserve to be harassed and bullied and threatened because of the way they make a living, which isn't hateful or illegal. I thought this place was supposed to be better than that.
02:49 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Nik-nak
A
In response to Karistina Lafae.
I agree with some of what you're saying on his responses.

I don't agree that nudity/sexually explicit content MUST be allowed. He's not incorrect in that. It will make things difficult with advertisers and platforms where they want to put the apps up if it's not done exactly correct.
05:36 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Nik-nak
A
Where I do agree is the policy should have been made clearer without needing to attack users expressing concerns. That part was very Elon.

I get a strong whiff of misogyny when somebody decides that a woman who had to file for sexual harassment has an agenda because of it. The non apology was oo
In response to Nik-nak.
05:40 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Nik-nak
A
In response to Nik-nak.
The pile on by rabid fans calling the person white/Karen when she's Asian also seemed really awful. It was inaccurate, MAGA-like, & overblown considering what the user was saying.

That also gives flashes of Musk fanboys.
05:42 PM - Feb 20, 2023
Karistina Lafae
A
In response to Nik-nak.
Yes, these are my concerns, too. It seems that Chris has a cult of personality here that's willing to take his word that critique/questions about vaguely worded policy is the same thing as harassment and platform sabotage. I thought this was supposed to be different than Elon's Twitter.
05:50 PM - Feb 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}