Christopher Bouzy
A
Serious question... Why do you think Elon continues making dumb decisions at Twitter? No one is this incompetent; it seems deliberate. I really want to "hear" your thoughts on this.
09:10 PM - Aug 18, 2023
Melinda Nowikowski
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
He wanted to start an "everything site" he was going to call X when he was part-owner of PayPal. They sold to ebay and he was bought out, instead. I don't think he has the attention span to do it with Twitter/X now, though he's expressed a desire to try it. Short attention span explains a lot.
04:45 PM - Dec 11, 2023
DBA
A
I also think he was influenced to help destroy Twitter's ability to help people organize in support of human rights, truth & democracy. I think he doesn't care about keeping X functioning like it did as Twitter & I think he enjoys the chaos. He clearly doesn't need X to make him money.
04:39 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Crafty Kitty
A
He's filled the toilet with so much crap, it's spilling out and covering the floor. Apparently, his minions like swimming in crap and ask for more.
04:29 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Lipsticktraces
B
04:22 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Democracy!Equality! Equity!Compassion!
A
I think he was given the money (or some other payment) to kill it. Saudi Arabia, Russia, Iran… they’d LOVE to have this free info and organization option removed.
04:20 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Ground Control
A
With respect, sir, I have indeed known people at THIS exact level of incompetence. He's just a wheeler dealer in WAY over his head.
04:16 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Aussiefemmebot
A
E-loon is a prima facie case of how your parents can fck you up.

I mean, his sister has borne two children to their father. Their father believes that men are fated to spawn unlimited children to women (any & all women). Sound familiar ? That entire family needs more CBT than all his money can buy.
08:51 PM - Dec 01, 2023
Blair Houghton
A
I think he is this incompetent. He had top-notch people checking his math at Tesla and SpaceX. But he fired all the smart people at Twitter, and the only person who would take the CEO job is someone famous for hard-selling advertisers, not legal or political or technical or social skills.
01:23 AM - Oct 11, 2023
Susan Kaman
A
That's my thought as well. No one can be that utterly incompetent. It's likely either deliberate, or Elon just doesn't care and is using it as a fun toy to screw around with.
12:32 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Sue
B
not dumb at all, destruction, dispersion of progressive voice was the goal. thx for providing a better space.
01:33 PM - Aug 25, 2023
maya breeze
A
In response to Sue.
spot on : seems part of russian disinformation with 2024 ramping. splintering center voices : reinventing xitter into de facto hangout for all things autocracy, while pushing the less hateful diaspora out into the wild seems to be a way to encourage disengagement, in addition to dis/misinformation.
11:08 PM - Nov 24, 2023

Only followers of this user (researchergirl) can see their posts

gdavidbrown
A
He is intentionally driving off the decent folk in order to create a space for those who wish to overthrow the gov'ts and to celebrate their criminality.
04:40 PM - Aug 24, 2023
Jasra - no DMs
A
💯 deliberate. As soon as I saw Saudi royals were involved I knew what was up.
04:36 AM - Aug 21, 2023
Sue
B
In response to Jasra - no DMs.
yes!
01:34 PM - Aug 25, 2023
Steve
A
He is highly intelligent and filthy rich but not very bright.
09:58 PM - Aug 20, 2023
Julie BlueWave
A
1. Follow the money... the Saudis helped to fund his buy in (majorityshare).
2. The wealthy want the public square to fail.
3. He certainly doesn't want to pay taxes, and President Biden wants him & his buds to pay up.

So, that's just the first three reasons that seem obvious.
05:31 PM - Aug 20, 2023
K Inspire2
A
I believe E Musk based on what he’s shown us is just an unpleasant man/human and only cares about what’s best for him. I don’t think he puts much thought into how his decisions can affect the ppl who choose to use his platform, (when someone shows you who they are, believe them- Dr. Maya Angelou)
08:19 AM - Aug 20, 2023
Sharon Alger ☿️
A
He genuinely believes he's a genius
05:31 AM - Aug 20, 2023
lawebchick ♿
A
Honestly? I don't think it's deliberate. I think he had ideas about democracy that aren't educated, and he's very "squirrel" without thinking things through. Every move he makes is an attempt to rectify his past mistakes. He's just SO bad at it

Alternately, it's a tax haven
10:05 PM - Aug 19, 2023
a Rah
A
Because his skill set is spearheading the solutions to big world problems using engineering (eg. make EVs that are cool so everyone wants one). He has always had a massive blind spot for complicated "people shit" and seems not to realise how appalling he is at it.
08:51 PM - Aug 19, 2023
a Rah
A
In response to a Rah.
His obsession and prime objective is to enable the human colonisation of other planets before we go extinct on this one, so everything he does is in service of that. Unfortunately, since the pandemic, he has developed a bee in his bonnet that the public conversation is somehow a threat to this.
09:03 PM - Aug 19, 2023
glinyx
A
I think the destruction of Twitter is deliberate.

It gives regular people access to huge audiences and the ability to share information in real time.

Authoritarians don't like that.

I think this is bigger than money, it's about the power to control information.

Musk is just the tool.
07:16 PM - Aug 19, 2023
PS Annie
A
In response to glinyx.
I absolutely believe this is true.
It's not just the regular people though. It's the public agencies that share emergency information. It's the sharing of information within and between communities by rescue groups, charities, non-profits and activists. That's the core strength of every democracy.
07:12 PM - Aug 23, 2023
Susan Kaman
A
In response to glinyx.
Musk is absolutely a tool. In more ways than one.
07:13 PM - Aug 23, 2023
VergeClub
A
It could be called cognitive dissonance. He's also obsessive, There is a gap between the way things work and the way he wants them to work. He has enough power to force things, but that doesn't make them work. He is also delusional, thinking of himself as the progenitor of the master race. 1/
07:13 PM - Aug 19, 2023 (Edited)
VergeClub
A
In response to VergeClub.
It's as though he thinks that throwing money at things will fix them. And his own ego won't let him see otherwise. I'm pretty sure that all of these things work together coherently in his mind. But that's not a place that coordinates well with wider reality.
07:17 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Margaret Lowe
A
A combination of Occam's Razor and Hidden Agenda. Simplist answer: he's incompetent but has looked good due to his inherited money+good employees. Unspoken goal: promote himself and Donnie and Donnie's agenda. Unfortunately he's incompetent so now he's in a quandary, looks stupid, humiliated, panic
05:15 PM - Aug 19, 2023
ZonkerHarris
A
Substance abuse could explain a lot of things.
02:32 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Mary Becker
A
Dismantle Twitter & replace with fascist X. He's doing a great job dismantling it bc that's easy to do but I don't think he'll succeed in his fascist goals. His timing is off even tho there's still fascistness (I know it's not a word) out there. His mind doesn't work but he can throw money at stuff
02:19 PM - Aug 19, 2023
#Glassbydeanna
A
He is part of the rich group who understand that to control the message means to control the people. He came in to“sink”the platform because when avg folks can talk directly to each other they are less easy to manipulate. The right wing agenda is at a critical point and there was too much fact there
02:11 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Bernie
A
it is deliberate and petty. He is just trying to put something else in its place
01:11 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Diana Vaniotis
A
Agreed. I believe his remit is to destroy a platform that journalists used to keep us apprised of struggles around the world. Democratic ideals are something Elon, Saudi Arabia, Putin & GOP disdain.

Elon is also a narcissist who needs to stir up controversy regularly to keep his name in the news.
12:18 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Wolvie41
A
Hanlon's Razor/Heinlein's line: "You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity." It's probably a mix of others' sycophancy, ego bloating, etc. leading to these dumb and terrible decisions.
11:16 AM - Aug 19, 2023
avavaughn
B
Twitter was far more powerful than was realized. It had to be destroyed. Twitter was controlling the narratives, not those that be in power.
11:09 AM - Aug 19, 2023
Tari
A
I started weaning myself off twitter as my go-to breaking news place, and said goodbye to the heyday of many fandoms, there. I still check it, but won't be sad when it finally dies for good. He's ruining it on purpose. Our most effective communications tool in history, destroyed, deliberately. Hmmm.
10:05 AM - Aug 19, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}