Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/3
My prediction was spot on, but the past month also revealed something else. Even with 100 million users and high-profile accounts posting daily, engagement quickly plummeted. Why? What happened? It's clear the missing ingredient is a dedicated and loyal community. That is how we take the crown. 👑
Christopher Bouzy @cbouzy
All of these people touting Threads greatness were already on Instagram. At some point, they will have to bring in new users, and it's a hard sell to get someone new to install two apps. There will be a large segment of users that will never join Threads and no longer want to be on Twitter.
04:44 PM - Jul 08, 2023
03:41 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/3
So the assumption that we need more news outlets or high-profile people to compete is false. Threads proved that for us. What we need is more users who had enough of the targeted harassment, abuse, and disinformation. More users who are seeking something safer and believe in what we are building.
03:47 PM - Aug 19, 2023 (Edited)
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/3
Yesterday, only four Twitter alternatives were trending. Threads, Bluesky, Spoutible, and Mastodon. So although journalists might be ignoring us now, it's obvious the people who matter aren't. Let the journalists focus on the Goliaths while we build something special that will have longevity.
03:56 PM - Aug 19, 2023
she/her
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
When one googles spoutible/Bouzy one will get mainly results of Iconic Expert scam warnings & conspiracy theories regarding Amber Heard & Meghan Markle. As well some talk about security breaches of spoutible.

Personally, it’s only USA politics here & I am not good in starting from scratch.
05:14 PM - Sep 26, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to she/her.
The Heard/Markle stuff is because Bot Sentinel helped expose some of the tactics the harassment campaigns against them were using, and the harassers didn't like that.
03:19 AM - Sep 27, 2023
Mlb Anx
A
Never. Zucks betrayal will never be forgotten or forgiven. No way will I ever patronize another of his products. Same for Jack. Spoutible is clearly the superior choice owing in large measure to the integrity of its founder.
12:20 AM - Aug 31, 2023
Byzan Trader
A
The crown will be won by the first alternative that has a Deck feature like Tweetdeck and has lists. That is how you get the media and grow. That Threads still has no web app is a huge unforced error. All hands on the Deck @cbouzy and the community will grow. I hope you take the throne.
11:31 AM - Aug 20, 2023
Gabe Hoffman
A
This brings me back to a point I made how Threads has largely benefitted at the moment from piggybacking off Instagram's existing userbase. It's a great tactic for easy short-term growth but is unfeasible for the long term.
02:21 AM - Aug 20, 2023
Alfalpha Male ✔️
A
It's a pity the Blue Checks act like spoutible has an algorithm. They want the followers but don't follow back.I even saw some on Twitter demanding their big Xitter accounts be ported with their followers to spoutible and etc. Can you imagine the chaos? Musk would never allow that to happen, anyways
05:41 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
05:22 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Sue Santoro
A
I will never use any Meta/Zuckerberg product. If our democracy falls, he’ll be largely to blame
05:17 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Urbanista 01
A
Yeah but you have to improve the feed function, keeping the same first 3 spouts after a dozen refreshes is less than ideal. Randomize the unread spots on refresh. Or shuffle the deck at least.
04:12 PM - Aug 19, 2023
frog_enabler
A
In response to Urbanista 01.
Hey, welcome to Spoutible! We're glad you're here! I had trouble with that at first. I looked at your profile & I think you aren't following enough people to make it fun. You have to follow widely before the feed becomes more interesting. There's no algorithm. It's only your choices.
05:41 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Anne King
A
Meta stocks are going to tank again too, my prediction (we dumped ours before the last drop)
04:09 PM - Aug 19, 2023 (Edited)
Urbanista 01
A
More than that, getting passed back and forth between 2 billionaires that either supported Russian interference in US elections or is an apartheid loving pathetic fascist cannot be the only options.
03:54 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Amy Magnus
A
and of course what do trolls target 🎯 when they rage against this platform?

the dedicated and loyal community
03:48 PM - Aug 19, 2023 (Edited)
Alfalpha Male ✔️
A
In response to Amy Magnus.
They don't last very long when they do that. lol
05:43 PM - Aug 19, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}