Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/3
My prediction was spot on, but the past month also revealed something else. Even with 100 million users and high-profile accounts posting daily, engagement quickly plummeted. Why? What happened? It's clear the missing ingredient is a dedicated and loyal community. That is how we take the crown. 👑
Christopher Bouzy @cbouzy
All of these people touting Threads greatness were already on Instagram. At some point, they will have to bring in new users, and it's a hard sell to get someone new to install two apps. There will be a large segment of users that will never join Threads and no longer want to be on Twitter.
04:44 PM - Jul 08, 2023
03:41 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/3
So the assumption that we need more news outlets or high-profile people to compete is false. Threads proved that for us. What we need is more users who had enough of the targeted harassment, abuse, and disinformation. More users who are seeking something safer and believe in what we are building.
03:47 PM - Aug 19, 2023 (Edited)
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/3
Yesterday, only four Twitter alternatives were trending. Threads, Bluesky, Spoutible, and Mastodon. So although journalists might be ignoring us now, it's obvious the people who matter aren't. Let the journalists focus on the Goliaths while we build something special that will have longevity.
03:56 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Muriel Branch
B
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Too many journalists seem to enjoy swimming in the cesspool. Gets them clicks! I love it here! Thank you for building this site! ❤️🤗
08:10 AM - Aug 20, 2023
Paul Chenoweth
A
Personally, I think there is a growing number of people who realize that "the news" is no longer "Walter Cronkite World" and that celebrity anchors do NOT join conversations, and they are scope-locked on ratings/money. I'll take the conversations and the safer atmosphere on Spoutible any day.
06:53 AM - Aug 20, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
🎶 "Yonder come little David

With his rock and slay-hinnng

I DON'T WANT to meet him.

He's a DAYNJOUS man." 🎶
The Staple Singers | Sit down servant - YouTube

The Staple Singers | Sit down servant

08:01 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Adam Vadnais
A
07:44 PM - Aug 19, 2023
DJohnRowinski
A
Threads puts things into the feed from hours if not days in the past
Mastodon proved too confusing (I'm no Ludite but...)
I have not received a Bluesky invite
Most of the best of my followings have migrated here and I appreciate the new accounts I have connected with only on this platform
07:26 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Peggy Stuart #FirstWave
A
I never tried Threads or Bluesky and don't intend to. I still don't understand Mastodon and often forget to even post there. #Spoutible is where I check when I first get up, where I can't wait to get back to and think about when I'm doing other things.
04:54 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
When @cbouzy
gives a pep talk,
I feel it.

I bet you do too.

Let’s continue
to be good stewards
of what he’s created
and what we value:
our burgeoning
#Spoutible🐳community .
04:48 PM - Aug 19, 2023
G Anonymous
A
I don’t have much faith in mainstream media or so-called “high profile people”
I’m patiently waiting for specific kinds of scientists to show up!
04:30 PM - Aug 19, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
In response to G Anonymous.
Yes, I want the scientists too.
04:38 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Debra Strege
A
Since yesterday's announcement that X will block blocking, I got active here. Threads is Facebook with strangers. I want news. I want to engage on current events, democracy, saving our nation. SPOUTABLE works! Let's build something!
04:23 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Vee a lot of everything Happened
A
Woo Hoo!!! Let's do this!!!
04:19 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Catherine B
A
I'm not eager to have journalists and celebrities up here. Let them stay where they are.
04:17 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Mindy!!!
A
Agreed. I think the people who matter are either here, or will be here.
04:07 PM - Aug 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}