Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/3
My prediction was spot on, but the past month also revealed something else. Even with 100 million users and high-profile accounts posting daily, engagement quickly plummeted. Why? What happened? It's clear the missing ingredient is a dedicated and loyal community. That is how we take the crown. 👑
Christopher Bouzy @cbouzy
All of these people touting Threads greatness were already on Instagram. At some point, they will have to bring in new users, and it's a hard sell to get someone new to install two apps. There will be a large segment of users that will never join Threads and no longer want to be on Twitter.
04:44 PM - Jul 08, 2023
03:41 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/3
So the assumption that we need more news outlets or high-profile people to compete is false. Threads proved that for us. What we need is more users who had enough of the targeted harassment, abuse, and disinformation. More users who are seeking something safer and believe in what we are building.
03:47 PM - Aug 19, 2023 (Edited)
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/3
Yesterday, only four Twitter alternatives were trending. Threads, Bluesky, Spoutible, and Mastodon. So although journalists might be ignoring us now, it's obvious the people who matter aren't. Let the journalists focus on the Goliaths while we build something special that will have longevity.
03:56 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Kyle King
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
So true!! In a small amount of time, I've experienced uplifting, soulful, intelligent exchanges here, even though I have hardly anyone 'following' me AND also not having established myself here in any meaningful way. Spoutible give me great hope for recovery.
08:14 AM - Nov 20, 2023
Lisa W FirstWave
A
Absolutely!
11:24 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
I'd like to see more "big" accounts.

But I think now it's going to be the other way around. Rather than people coming here because we have the big accounts, the big accounts will eventually have to come here because we've built the audience.

From the ground up, as it should be.
06:54 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Jenny Leung
A
Twitter was always stratified. If you were an influencer, celebrity, or tastemaker—you fed the news cycle and rarely interacted with the commoners. People tended to find their communities and interact more genuinely within them.
06:24 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Fuzzy Soft
A
Somewhere along the way "community" on social media=drama, clamoring for attention, wondering who can shout longest & loudest into the void. I'm now seeing through the smoke & mirrors: there's nothing there but frustration and longing for real connection. Yes, I'll say it: the village experience.
06:03 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Fuzzy Soft
A
In response to Fuzzy Soft.
*out there meaning beyond Spoutible.
12:40 PM - Aug 20, 2023
IH8SHOCKJOX Voted YES
A
I'm loving Spoutible. It's a good vibe of fun & information.
05:27 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Shmarya Rosenberg
A
Christopher,

🧵Without news outlets and academics, there’s little reason for Twitter’s base to be here. Which is why they aren’t. Same is true for smaller groups like various ethnic Twitters, tech Twitters, etc. If interesting leaders don’t migrate here, the followers won’t, either.…1/
04:33 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Boadicea TX
A
In response to Shmarya Rosenberg.
Your critique shows a shocking lack of knowledge about how online communities work in reality.

Twitter wasn't the thing you are describing at the start-it took literal years.
06:09 PM - Aug 20, 2023
Andrea Loken
A
In response to Shmarya Rosenberg.
I left X because I was tired of screaming into the void while celebs & news outlets went viral. I don’t care if they ever reach here. I want to talk to a variety of people about things we care about. Also, we don’t need to be spoon-fed the news & can share links/info on our own.
07:40 AM - Aug 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}