Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/4
Thank you for explaining to me how Twitter works. "Interesting leaders" won't migrate anywhere without an audience interested in their content. You build the community first. Stop comparing a 17-year-old website to a 6-month-old website. What you are describing doesn't happen overnight.
Shmarya Rosenberg @Shmarya
Christopher,

🧵Without news outlets and academics, there’s little reason for Twitter’s base to be here. Which is why they aren’t. Same is true for smaller groups like various ethnic Twitters, tech Twitters, etc. If interesting leaders don’t migrate here, the followers won’t, either.…1/
04:33 PM - Aug 19, 2023
05:36 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/4
It takes time to break years of habit. That is why with all the toxicity and people claiming they are leaving Twitter, they are still there tweeting away. Because that is what their brains are conditioned to do. You have to literally build a new community.
05:40 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/4
The key isn't only attracting users already on Twitter but attracting users outside of Twitter who haven't developed a habit of tweeting daily. Once again, this doesn't happen overnight.
05:43 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 4/4
And I do blame the media for folks thinking this can happen overnight.
05:46 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Babs
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I deleted my Twitter account not long after Elon. However, I broke down and created an anonymous acct because I like the variety of news I can get on Twitter, especially breaking news. I never post or engage though. I've very much enjoyed Spoutible and am willing to wait until news accts catch up.
08:08 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Trump is A Moron
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I’m trying, to be honest I haven’t canceled my account yet but I am there less & less everyday so soon 😊
05:54 PM - Aug 19, 2023
💜 Callie 💜
A
In response to Trump is A Moron.
Same. There’s a lot of content that’s not yet available on any other platform. It’s simply too much data for any one person to try to scrounge up. However, there is a point where Apartheid Clyde goes too far, then I’m out.
06:53 PM - Aug 19, 2023 (Edited)
Mindy!!!
A
In response to Trump is A Moron.
Me neither. I'm managing my accounts as I will. But I participate far less there. My engagement is fleeting. Reddit also recently fcuked everything up, so this is one of the only coherent sites I've seen lately.
07:00 PM - Aug 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}