Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/4
Thank you for explaining to me how Twitter works. "Interesting leaders" won't migrate anywhere without an audience interested in their content. You build the community first. Stop comparing a 17-year-old website to a 6-month-old website. What you are describing doesn't happen overnight.
Shmarya Rosenberg @Shmarya
Christopher,

🧵Without news outlets and academics, there’s little reason for Twitter’s base to be here. Which is why they aren’t. Same is true for smaller groups like various ethnic Twitters, tech Twitters, etc. If interesting leaders don’t migrate here, the followers won’t, either.…1/
04:33 PM - Aug 19, 2023
05:36 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/4
It takes time to break years of habit. That is why with all the toxicity and people claiming they are leaving Twitter, they are still there tweeting away. Because that is what their brains are conditioned to do. You have to literally build a new community.
05:40 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/4
The key isn't only attracting users already on Twitter but attracting users outside of Twitter who haven't developed a habit of tweeting daily. Once again, this doesn't happen overnight.
05:43 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 4/4
And I do blame the media for folks thinking this can happen overnight.
05:46 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Boadicea TX
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
ugh, these people. I'm so over the collective amnesia.
05:36 PM - Aug 20, 2023
Civil Canuck
A
I read a post by an academic complaining there's nowhere 'academic' to go (may try Linked In) and wondered what they were doing on Twitter anyway mixed in with "cat photos". They won't rush here. Spoutible's creating itself from the inside out and it will be a cultural tour de force. Give it time.
01:59 PM - Aug 20, 2023
Shmarya Rosenberg
A
The question is how long before Spoutible teaches that point? Where will these thought leaders go in the interim? You’re betting on having a better end product than the others, and you probably will, and a giant user base, which might not happen. If it doesn’t, why would they come?
11:55 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Kayarath
A
If you're looking for cool content, feel free to follow me! I post cool stuff regularlly!
09:28 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Mitchell Kosterman
A
Twitter started in 2006 but wasn't becoming popular until 2010/2011. That is when more popular media sources started to post tweets.
Spoutible has grown much more rapidly in its early days. If you haven't seen any valuable media sources yet, you aren't looking.
07:46 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Carmen Derbedrossian
A
Until folks called pundits come here, maybe we should download apps like MSNB, BBC, Univision &local news. I have always gotten my news through their apps, never through Twitter or any other social media app, They will get here when they do, let’s just keep each other updated #SpoutibleForMe🐳
07:14 PM - Aug 19, 2023
frog_enabler
A
I predict that Spoutible will grow much faster than the dead bird did. I didn't use it but for the last couple of years. I left when we lost our privacy protection. I agree, it's about the community. It's called "social" media, & we are sociable. It's takes people who can be civil.
07:09 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Ruff Neck
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
06:51 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Jack Mcgraw
A
In response to Ruff Neck.
He isn't though
07:05 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Ruff Neck
A
In response to Ruff Neck.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
07:17 PM - Aug 19, 2023

Only followers of this user (BattleFuzz) can see their posts

Deborah Conway
A
In response to BattleFuzz.
Exactly this.
07:07 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Catherine B
A
I'd kind of hate it for news outlets and academics to come here. With that being said, her comment isn't controversial
06:31 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Amy Magnus
A
people forget how long it took for twitter to become somewhere we could drop into rich academic conversations 24/7

we're shaping Spoutible to be work ready...i'm excited about how far we've come in 6 months...we'll be astonished how far we've accomplished in 12
06:19 PM - Aug 19, 2023
NorthCoast TerryMerryJoan
A
In response to Amy Magnus.
🎯😊
07:52 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Jess Martin
A
In response to Amy Magnus.
Unfortunately, during COVID19 our own academics were swamped and overwhelmed by such misinformation and disinformation underlined by fear. It was disheartening to see that unfold on the hellsite.

So many more lives could have been saved.
11:28 PM - Aug 19, 2023
2PupsMommy
A
I mean, can we just talk about the entitlement of someone who, I assume, doesn't even know you addressing you by your first name, only to talk down to you like you're a moron who doesn't understand social media. I don't know how you're dealing with this nonsense. I really don't. I'd rage 24/7.
05:56 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Deborah Conway
A
In response to 2PupsMommy.
CBouzy has the patience of a teacher 😍
07:09 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Nick Pacella
A
However, it can, apparently, be destroyed almost overnight.
05:55 PM - Aug 19, 2023
Syckhero
A
I remember joining in 2009, 3 years after release, because that's when it really started being use. Also it took until then to reference posts as tweets rather than updates. It looked a lot like Myspace until about 2011.
05:53 PM - Aug 19, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}