Russell Wingard
A
thread 1/2
Back from a four-day camping trip in the Mt. Hood National Forest. Here's a photo of Lost Lake with Mt. Hood in the background. I'll add some food pics in a thread, because ours is not typical for American camping.

@JessMartin
04:21 AM - Aug 19, 2023
Russell Wingard
A
thread 2/2
Japanese-themed camping food: yakisoba and oden.
04:26 AM - Aug 19, 2023
Russell Wingard
A
Cabins are fun! We used to stay in cabins with wood stoves when I was a kid on occasion. Very cozy. These days, I just prefer to be outside around a campfire gazing at the stars.

Unfortunately, campfires were banned this week, but on the plus side we saw a lot of shooting stars! 💫
In response to bron1us.
04:03 AM - Aug 20, 2023
bron1us
A
In response to Russell Wingard.
We had so much wind in the desert last time we went bare camping You would’ve thought we were in the Himalayas.🤭 I agree with you about the stars, though nothing better! The Hubs is an amateur astronomer, and he always makes everything so interesting☺️
10:06 PM - Aug 20, 2023
Russell Wingard
A
In response to bron1us.
Ooh, your own personal star-viewing guide. Nice. He probably has a telescope, too? I think I need one because my eyes don't see as well as they used to...

We use an astronomy app on our phone to check the constellations. 🤓 Kind of defeats the purpose of getting away from light pollution, though 😄
12:42 PM - Aug 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}