Breezy Aussie
A
thread 1/4
So much I read on this site is about Race. ‪It never occurs to me what people look like, skin colour, religious or gender preferences. I thank my parents for ensuring I an only interested in your music, food, traditions, clothing, history. Simply put: I don’t care. I like you and value you. ‬
06:04 AM - Aug 26, 2023
Breezy Aussie
A
thread 2/4
The response I have had has been very interesting and I have learned much from the reaction and replies. I think I was making a more subtle point than many read. I first admire (or otherwise) the achievements of individuals. It is when one learns of their life, environment, struggles, joys - etc
06:58 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Breezy Aussie
A
thread 3/4
That one can really understand, in some little way, their achievements. For me it is not about the colour of a persons skin that determine my relationship with them. It is the totality of what makes them, them. I absolutely acknowledge that the 'history' of a person, their people, their tribe - mtc
07:03 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Breezy Aussie
A
thread 4/4
their world - but I only know that once I embrace their story.

Many responses immediately responded to my picture - 'white' and spoke to me as if I was ignorant of my privilege.

I try to not do that to others

I have been pointed to many good reads. Thank you.
07:08 PM - Aug 26, 2023
Cyndi Beyoch
A
everything IS about race. white people made it that way. period
In response to Breezy Aussie.
09:35 AM - Aug 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}