I Smoked Threads
A
I spent most of the Trump administration thinking "Why aren't people doing more." By the end, I realized no one was coming to save us so I asked myself why am I not doing more. 2024 isn't that far away and it's not going to win itself. While there's still time, ask yourself what you can do and do it
10:33 PM - Feb 20, 2023
gaicai
A
In response to I Smoked Threads.
Yes! My biggest disappointment is people cheering me on for all that I do politically as a volunteer, yet nothing I say has them reaching out to help me.
12:19 AM - Feb 21, 2023
Trauma Epidemic
A
In response to gaicai.
Maybe it's what you say, how you say it--or that you say anything at all (#ReversePsychology). Or maybe it's that they're incapable--lacking skills, knowledge, experience, or confidence. Good intentions often benefit from repeated course corrections. Thanks for your efforts!
11:19 AM - Feb 21, 2023
gaicai
A
Definitely that they are incapable, lacking confidence or don't have an ability to accept how much time and effort it takes to effect change. I try to meet them where they're at and accept whatever they're capable of. Still disappointing, but rather than focus on them, I've moved on to new people
In response to Trauma Epidemic.
10:28 PM - Feb 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}