Portia McGonagal
A
I understand there are non-religious reasons for homeschooling. But overall, that's the driver and I remain cautious about this movement for many, many reasons. Gifting this link so all can read:

https://wapo.st/3svRzn7
09:30 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Kerry Lynch
A
In response to Portia McGonagal.
Thank you. This was a great article about a dangerous person fomenting a dangerous movement.
03:04 PM - Aug 29, 2023
Diana Tyler
A
I believe that religion is the veil on homeschooling, but that its core intent is a return to the subjugation of women--to our having no status or power, dependent upon the "good graces" of our husbands in whom unquestioned loyalty and obedience is expected. No, thank you, for me OR my children!
10:06 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Cnealaz
A
Thank you for the gift link.💜
09:52 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Susan Sampson
A
Thank you. I feel the same about this.
09:37 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Anthony Lee
A
Religious extremism really makes me mad. I went to public school and am much wiser because of it, along with many others. We can't let deeply ignorant people win.
09:36 AM - Aug 29, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
In response to Anthony Lee.
I went to both Catholic and public schools incl college. The difference was that the private schools still had standards that were able to be confirmed and subjected to things like vaccine req's that were for the good of society. Homeschooling is the Wild West.
10:12 AM - Aug 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}