Christopher Bouzy
A
The one thing I loved about streaming services was being able to binge-watch an entire season when it dropped. These streaming services releasing an episode each week are annoying. If you want to keep users subscribed, have better content.
08:36 AM - Aug 30, 2023
BTSdaily7 (sporadic;)
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Well, wait till you read this headline:
“Warner Bros. Discovery will test out CNN news alerts while Max viewers are watching TV shows and movies on the platform”
08:28 AM - Aug 31, 2023
PB Pinott
A
I agree. To add to the frustration, at least one 'streaming' service tends to release that one episode late in the evening at a particular air time. If I wanted to be stuck watching a Thursday show on Thursday at 9pm, I could've stuck with cable. Am I the only one?
12:50 AM - Aug 31, 2023
Changing Plumbob
A
Possibly unpopular opinion but I like new things coming an episode at a time. It’s better for my brain to process what happened in an episode and I like having the time to think, oh I wonder what will happen next week. Plus it’s easier for me to find a spare hour a week than 10 hours in one go.
03:35 PM - Aug 30, 2023
DS Spouting
A
It annoys me so much that I am more likely to wait until the entire season is available before watching. Yes, I can be that stubborn – except when it comes to Star Trek.
12:09 PM - Aug 30, 2023
Great Sex At 60 | The Podcast
A
Yeah, if you only serve me 1 episode at a time I most likely will not watch the season until ALL EPs are available; if I haven’t already forgotten about the series.
11:23 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Mary Becker
A
Agree
10:51 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Diana Vaniotis
A
My guess, they have figured out that people (like me) will subscribe for a short period to watch a favorite series, then cancel. Stringing out episodes keeps us hanging on

Not only do they need better content (🎶 57 Channels & Nothing On) they need to be less greedy and drop the price of streaming
10:38 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Jill Rose
A
For me, varies by show. There's something to the ritual of sitting down weekly to watch a favorite + some shows benefit from time to digest between episodes.

That said, only a matter of time before a big corp gets streamers to offer access in a bundle package and they call it "kable" or something.
10:23 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Marilu Dempsey
A
Streaming has changed me completely. I am no longer willing to watch one episode a week, and cliff hangers are not acceptable, unless I can immediately watch the next episode!
09:26 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
Agreed. I signed up for one streaming service just to watch a favorite series newest season of 16 episodes. They decided to release it one at a time for 5 weeks, take a 2 week break, 3 more episodes, then break until January 2024. What a dick move. I dropped them.
09:22 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Ellie Byrd
A
RIGHT???!! I am a lazy lob when I have down time! Stop asking if I'm still watching stop checking on me just play the show shut up and let me enjoy my gallon of ice cream in peace while I binge Friends and Gilmore Girls!!!!
09:13 AM - Aug 30, 2023
That70sGal
A
In the old days when a show was on once a week a season was more than 20 episodes not 8 - 10. With streaming, there are no commercials but that's starting to pick up, too. So now we're paying a premium but getting less service. This isn't progress.
08:56 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Nope
A
My peeve is the trend to take a year or more between seasons. I never watch anything streaming by episode or season any more because of it.
08:49 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Reginald Capers
A
After my old ass I finally get the idea of binge watching, now theybgoing back to the old way.
08:46 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Haruka (RELOCATED)
A
Those services used to determine whether a series kept going by how fast people would binge into the next episode, and the next. I wonder what criteria they use now.
08:45 AM - Aug 30, 2023
April Sparkles
A
I often wait and watch once they’re all available before I begin.

Special Ops: Lioness is different. As soon as it drops we stop everything and watch. such a good show.

💛
08:44 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Deborah Conway
A
In response to April Sparkles.
I haven’t watched this as yet. My husband loves it. I figured I can watch it one episode at a time to unwind once work starts.
09:10 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Yolanda
A
In response to April Sparkles.
I do the same. I also cancel my subscriptions until the shows I like return. 🤷🏾‍♀️
09:45 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Nanci CatMom
A
👏👏👏
08:44 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Coherent Marketing
A
It means avoiding the series till it's done, then watching it only when all episodes are loaded. Irritating.
08:43 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Phil Loomis
A
In response to Coherent Marketing.
I do that, but...

I've been recovering from shoulder surgery & unable to a lot of normal things, so I've been catching up on TV. Because of my poor memory, binge watching season 3 of "Mandalorian" meant first rewatching 1 & 2. Same with season 3 of "The Witcher."
09:53 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
That shit drives me bananas. How are we going backward? The only time I found it acceptable was Mare of Easttown because it was a murder mystery and only 6 parts.
08:39 AM - Aug 30, 2023
Linda the scandi
A
I've entered a certain age where I'm going "what happened again?" in a week's time. Funny though how we grew up with TV series being like that.
08:39 AM - Aug 30, 2023

Only followers of this user (researchergirl) can see their posts

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}