Christopher Bouzy
A
Notifications older than 7 days will be automatically deleted. We had over 13 million notifications piling up, and most people weren't deleting their notifications.
Antony L @deltabadhand
Just noticed my notifications from verified folks are cleared out. I had about 10 and was very proud of that! I even had a few from @cbouzy which were important in a Pokemon collect-em-all kind of way. I guess life will go in... 😥😉🤣
07:53 AM - Sep 01, 2023
08:05 AM - Sep 01, 2023
Emskware
A
Just curious, do you also keep your email inbox full of emails you've already read?
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
09:51 AM - Sep 01, 2023
JayTuma1 (She/Her)
A
In response to Emskware.
I have multiple folders for emails. Bills to pay, receipts from orders, bank stuff, medical stuff, and Xena stuff. Anything else gets deleted. I have emails that are 10 years old from a friend that died of cancer. I struggle with letting go of sentimental stuff.
10:24 AM - Sep 01, 2023
Emskware
A
In response to JayTuma1 (She/Her).
I do the same & have many older emails stored in their particular folders. But not in my inbox. I once had a job where my boss refused to delete emails from his inbox to the point where he was unable to send/receive any new ones. HR made me go through his inbox and delete literally 1000s of emails.
11:06 AM - Sep 01, 2023
Absurd Dad
A
In response to Emskware.
As an owner of multiple businesses the last 25 years I've retained 100s of thousands of emails.
Not a week goes but when I don't have to refer back to old correspondence w a client or supplier.
This week I had to search emails to illustrate to USPTO how frequently my invention is illegally copied.
10:14 AM - Sep 01, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Absurd Dad.
Have you considered maintaining your own server as a required business expense?
10:46 AM - Sep 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}