Avri
A
Not looking forward to tomorrow

Hoping Spoutible users are empathic enough not to post images and video of the 9/11 attacks

I've avoided social media on this date for years, but maybe Spoutible will get it?

I lived it once. Really don't want to relive it
08:07 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Ves Lee
A
In response to Avri.
👌🏽💯
03:31 PM - Sep 11, 2023
Char
A
In response to Avri.
I've often wondered why much of the US dwells to the point of retraumatizing people. Let people heal...

Remembrance, yes. But coverage like it's a new catastrophe after 20+ years is unhealthy.

I used to get super anxious as an airline employee of reliving the fear arounf the anniversary.
11:37 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie
A
In response to Avri.
I will never forget that day. I cannot watch the footage without breaking down. I detest how Bush & Co. turned that tragedy into a jingoistic, orgiastic eruption of mourning. I've warned the SO to stay away from social media, and while I may post a few songs, I won't be on here much.
11:27 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Sarah Apfel
A
In response to Avri.
Thank you. Don't need to relive it, and I sure don't need to be told to "never forget" - as if any of us who were here ever could.
10:42 PM - Sep 10, 2023 (Edited)
Arran Haynes
A
In response to Avri.
Samesies, and thanks for the reminder to stay off tomorrow.
10:36 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Avri.
Being a New Yorker like you, the play by play is difficult, But the day always reunites me in thoughts and memories with the friends I lost.
10:25 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Debbie Lu
A
In response to Avri.
With you on this. The tragedy was life altering for so many and continues to be. It feels selfish to acknowledge personal occasions on this solemn day. Have not celebrated my birthday on its actual day since that date. May never be able to again.
10:07 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Debbie Lu.
I have an old friend whose birthday is the date as well. And we are New Yorkers. I must say I never forget her actual day and always acknowledge as I think it must be hard and confusing. So Happy Early birthday.
10:18 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
In response to Avri.
Yeah. I saw it live (just TV not in the city). Once was enough.
09:20 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Terri Jones
A
In response to Avri.
Tomorrow is our I love you anniversary (41 yrs) and we'll spend it eating out & Halloween shopping. Can recommend.
08:48 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
In response to Avri.
Agree... It is right to remember, but instead of doing a "play by play" of the tragic day's events, perhaps they can focus on things being done to help the victims of that day (like the causes Jon Stewart embraces).
08:40 PM - Sep 10, 2023
Razorback Jack
A
In response to Avri.
Too often these days, we see financial profits being made from these “rememberances”.
08:35 PM - Sep 10, 2023
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Avri.
Same here. I've got an alarm set for a bit before sunrise. Hopefully the weather cooperates. There's a gazebo in the conservancy area I like. Quiet. Shouldn't be anyone around now that school started.
08:24 PM - Sep 10, 2023

Only followers of this user (Canyonsfan) can see their posts

Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Avri.
I saw it on the news that day, don't need to see it again.
08:08 PM - Sep 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}