Mary Locker
A
I fully agree. I refuse to use them, even if I only have one item, even if I have to stand longer In line. They are a job killer, and that's not OK with me.
R H @AtreyuBastian
07:30 PM - Sep 11, 2023
07:55 PM - Sep 11, 2023
Socio-gen
A
In response to Mary Locker.
Shared via a device that ended entire fields of work.

Most stores with self-checkouts are actually *hiring* more staff, but for different areas of customer service, such as processing & packing online pickup/delivery orders and stocking.

Time and tech move on, and so do occupations.
08:42 PM - Sep 11, 2023
Mary Locker
A
I hear you. And I know change and tech progress are inevitable. But I'm old school and like my shopping with real humans at brick and mortar places. I'm not saying I never order anything online, but it's usually used books because almost every wonderful bookstore I used to frequent has closed. Sigh.
In response to Socio-gen.
08:55 PM - Sep 11, 2023
Socio-gen
A
In response to Mary Locker.
For me, using self-checkout is about convenience. I can get in and get out without waiting.

My mom uses Walmart's online grocery pickup almost exclusively, for convenience and health safety reasons. I don't think she's been inside a store more than a dozen times since March 2020.
09:46 PM - Sep 11, 2023
Mary Locker
A
In response to Socio-gen.
My brother and niece do the same with Kroger and Publix. Covid changed a lot for so many businesses.
10:23 PM - Sep 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}