Cynthia Williams
A
I received an email yesterday from the US Small Business Administration. The email requested that I provide loan and quote rejections data for my business. I later learned that a Tennessee judge ordered that all minority business programs be abolished under the SBA unless data proves a need.
07:00 AM - Sep 13, 2023 (Edited)
Carmen Derbedrossian
A
In response to Cynthia Williams.
Say, wtf is this now? It’s coming at us from all angles. The evil group who brought the issue to the judge are openly taunting minorities.
Judge Clifton L. Corker was appointed by tRUmp, The Honorable Fanny Willis was elected by the people.
01:30 AM - Sep 14, 2023
Barbara Reid
A
This is absolute bullshit!
05:56 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Barbara Reid.
Yes, it is Barbara. And the SBA issue is limited to Black businesses ONLY.
05:22 AM - Sep 14, 2023
Ernest Bullocks
A
In response to Barbara Reid.
Hi hope you’re well kay
09:18 PM - Sep 20, 2023
Mary Becker
A
It's time for a white investigative reporters to appear as a married couple and go undercover and apply for a loan. They'll get approved. Then send the black folks in to do same and see what happens.
05:35 PM - Sep 13, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Mary Becker.
Mary, your suggestion has been done many times already. Hopefully, the historical data from these investigations have already been presented before the judge.
05:23 AM - Sep 14, 2023
Carolyn
A
Seriously, WTAF!
03:52 PM - Sep 13, 2023
MaggieMae
A
So, BBIMP who own small businesses aren’t allowed to use race as a reason for facing disadvantages in the U.S.? How unbelievably oxymoronic! Name one BBIMP in the U.S. who doesn’t face any disadvantages! 😡⚖️
11:28 AM - Sep 13, 2023
S C
A
And how high a bar for “need” will that judge set?
10:06 AM - Sep 13, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to S C.
That's the question isn't it, SC?
05:25 AM - Sep 14, 2023
stephanie roberts
A
Disgusting. I wish you the best against this evil-hearted fight. The ugly scourge of institutional racism continues even as yts deny its existence. I am grieved this is happening to our people.
10:05 AM - Sep 13, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to stephanie roberts.
Thanks, Stephanie. So much is happening to Black Americans right now that it's hard to keep up with everything. I think the volume of attacks is intentional.
05:27 AM - Sep 14, 2023
Nefarious Means
A
They really have declared war on us.
08:49 AM - Sep 13, 2023
Mamá
A
Wow, that is horrible. Hypervigilance is a must for us right now.
08:48 AM - Sep 13, 2023
NorthCoast TerryMaryJoan
A
Grrr 😾 Holding righteous hope that all will turn out well.
08:05 AM - Sep 13, 2023
Susan Sampson
A
Oh wow! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. What would make sense, i. e. calling representative of my state to make them aware?
07:21 AM - Sep 13, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Susan Sampson.
That will never hurt. Also call local TV networks, they love a story where they can defend small business (as well they should! )
08:01 AM - Sep 13, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Susan Sampson.
Susan, my state's Black House Representatives, Senate, and State Legislature people have been holding public meetings asking for data. I've had three requests in the last 2 weeks for data. It seems everyone knows what's happening to Black small business owners.
05:31 AM - Sep 14, 2023
Dorothy P
A
WTF is up with Tennessee legislators? At the rate they’re going, I wouldn’t be surprised if they started to push for legal segregation again.
07:18 AM - Sep 13, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
I think you are trying to create a thread. After your first spout, click the spout, and at the bottom, there is a button to add a threaded spout. Currently, you are just replying to yourself. 💗
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Thanks!
05:32 AM - Sep 14, 2023
Iz Here
A
Not to state the obvious but one doesn't demonstrate a need by interrogating people who use a program designed to satisfy that need. This is like surveying people on the need for public transportation by talking only to people who are already on the trolly. The need is defined by those who cannot.
Cynthia Williams
A
If you are a Black American small business owner and have done any certification or loan work with the Small Business Association in your state, please make contact to find out if you should be providing business data also.

US anti-affirmative action racists are coming after everything again.
07:07 AM - Sep 13, 2023
J J
A
TN has a legislative, executive, and judicial problem…they are all controlled by hateful, evil, small-minded, racist, misogynistic scum. We hope to change it.
07:04 AM - Sep 13, 2023
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to J J.
Black Americans are being attacked in Florida, Texas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Tennessee. As the contagion spreads to other states, I fully expect someone to do something violent in response to this worsening situation.
07:13 AM - Sep 13, 2023
BTSdaily7 (sporadic;)
A
?!?! Are there any lawsuits/appeals against this because it doesn’t sound… legal. (I’m only not liking your spout because I don’t like what it says and what they are doing.)
07:03 AM - Sep 13, 2023 (Edited)
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to BTSdaily7 (sporadic;).
BTS, I think the data I'm being asked to provide may be the basis of a class action lawsuit if the SBA is not able to appeal the Tennessee judge's order. The situation inside our country is becoming tension-filled on many levels. Someone is going to eventually respond violently to all of this.
07:10 AM - Sep 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}