Marc Maxmeister
A
As much as I love #Spoutible I worry that it will be dominated by a single worldview.

I really want a network that spans the world's viewpoints, just without the toxic insurrectionist chaos that usually follows any attempt to sustain a #dialogue .

4 of top 5 are on same end of spectrum
Thomas Liljeruhm @Kosacki
TOP 10 LARGEST ACCOUNTS ON SPOUTIBLE 🐳

1) @cbouzy (26, 700)
2) @MuellerSheWrote (14, 400)
3) @jefftiedrich (12, 700)
4) @Joyannreid (12, 200) ^
5) @WokeAF (12, 100) ^
6) @DKnight (11, 600)
7) @RitchieTorres (11, 200)
8) @ArzzielMarcena (11, 100)
9) @marcelias (10, 000)
10) @tristansnell (9, 900)
03:05 PM - Feb 21, 2023
10:40 AM - Feb 23, 2023
Jen The Muse
A
In response to Marc Maxmeister.
Size and activity levels don't really relate the same way here.
11:37 PM - Aug 01, 2023
Danny Boy
A
I believe we will find a very broad range of views and ideas, without entertaining the knuckleheads.
06:58 PM - Feb 24, 2023
Amanda Villella
A
Agreed!
09:00 AM - Feb 24, 2023
Earl Taylor
A
I’ll pass on adding fascism to the mix.
09:32 PM - Feb 23, 2023
The 3rd Corey
A
3 weeks is a bit too early for this.

This is evolving. It looked different a week ago.
09:04 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Michael Lee
A
- Not all viewpoints are equal.
- Not all viewpoints are argued in good faith.
- Many viewpoints are based in bigotry or oppression.

If you're worried about this becoming an information silo, ask yourself what isn't being expressed and why. I think you'll find most reasonable positions represen
08:54 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Jeff Russell
A
Stay at Twitter. You'll be a star!
08:52 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Pamela
A
I disagreed with someone recently on the topic of banned books. I think it was a civil discussion. I know I listened to him. I hope he listened to me too. There was some common ground. And I think we both recognized when it was time to move on.
08:51 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Jackie S.
A
Agree
I was surprised & disappointed at some of the poll results before the platform launched. The results of which will only keep the site more like a left leaning Truth Social or Parler

Agree with removing trolls & troublemakers, but excluding people suspended from other platforms seems wrong
08:48 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Phoebe Xavier
A
In response to Jackie S..
Reality has a liberal bias.
08:52 PM - Feb 23, 2023
HereForTHEEComments1
B
See, this is the problem I have with some of you CLEARS. You need drama and chaos. If you want those kinds of interactions, then stay on TWITTER. We came to spoutible to get away from all of that!
08:47 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Carrie Tales
A
In response to HereForTHEEComments1.
Hi! Could you tell me what CLEARS are, please? I'm not familiar with that term and Google is not helpful.
10:07 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Heather Nesbit
A
I think we already have a diversity of perspectives. We have artists, writers, gamers, programmers, a variety of activists…the common ground is decency and respect. I don’t see that common ground as evidence of groupthink, tbh.
08:45 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Phoenician
A
Respectfully…let us know if you find that platform. We couldn’t.

That’s why we’re here.
08:42 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Marc Maxmeister
A
In response to Phoenician.
Obviously the ideal place for real talk between people who disagree - but remains civil - has never existed anywhere.

That won't keep me from constantly evaluating "is #Spoutible there yet" as it evolves.

Live's too short to live in an echo chamber. Even one that reinforces my own views.
10:44 PM - Feb 23, 2023 (Edited)
Misha Ellison
A
I’m not worried. Not worried at all.

There’s good-faith actors and bad-faith actors. All that’s happening is that bad-faith actors are being more easily outed and dealt with.

Among the good-faithed there’s *plenty* of perspectives, experiences, and points of view.
#DignityIsTheCulture
08:41 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Barb Hrmn
A
They're welcome if they follow the rules. The problem is they don't want to, and think that having rules excludes them. Think - could MTG be able to resist being racist and offensive? No. She'd end up with violations she'd claim were "because she's conservative," not due to racism.
08:41 PM - Feb 23, 2023
⚛️Shawn Athan
A
They, themselves, have to come here, act appropriate... and things will be just fine. If they come over here with the same chaos... they have to go. We are asking them to be sane and civil. You can't do that, you have no place on social media.
08:36 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Adina Washington
A
I believe with time we will see more voices on spoutible. For now, it's so new (less than 30 days), it will take time for more people to use it. I would like to see more discussion of sports. That is the one thing I miss the most from twitter.
08:30 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Phoebe Xavier
A
In response to Adina Washington.
I still rely on the 🐦 for hockey updates on my team.
08:55 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Marc Maxmeister
A
In response to Adina Washington.
Yeah, I'm sad many twitter sub-groups are missing but I expect they'll show up eventually:

- sports twitter
- magic the gathering twitter
- anglican twitter (these folks are honestly the best humored of all groups)
- DataScience twitter
10:48 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Salma Typhii
A
If they can manage to not be racist/misogynist/homophobic/transphobic/xenophobic/antisemitic/Islamophobic douchecanoes they are more than welcome. Problem is most of the current GOP and MAGA folks can't manage that
08:27 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Adam Deitsch □
A
It's like the opposite of the top accounts viewed on Facebook...

Like, cool. But we need to have a diversity of ideas here too.
08:05 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Leslie
A
Do you see some barrier to those with opposing views to join? Because I don't. I do think a certain social media population won't join because their harassing and misinformation practices won't be allowed on Spoutible. We also can't force people to join.
08:03 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Warren Shaver
A
Hard same. And some little weirdos would be nice, too.
11:44 AM - Feb 23, 2023
Pam McSt
A
In my groups that consist of progressives, liberals, centrists, & moderates, I've seen there is still a lot of room for dialogue & even disagreement. Maybe if everyone here now can discuss & disagree w/o personal attack, more moderates and even non-MAGA conservatives may feel comfortable here too.
11:32 AM - Feb 23, 2023
Marc Maxmeister
A
In response to Pam McSt.
I'm not seeing the same spread of non-qanon people on #Spoutible that I know in real life. Not yet.

If davidfrum were to join, he'd be typical of the "ambivalent right" that PEW studied, (12% of the US and 18% of GOP), who are looking for dialogue and solution too.

https://www.pewresearch.or
12:26 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Pam McSt.
I can get behind that in principle. But there are a few things that are non-negotiable for me. Fortunately, those things are often strictly the province of MAGA.
02:40 PM - Feb 23, 2023
Ground Control
A
An understandable concern...I've had it myself. Be that as it may, I'm certain it will be less of a problem as the platform expands its membership.
10:41 AM - Feb 23, 2023
Amanda ROGERs
A
In response to Ground Control.
I want more anticapitalist content
10:44 AM - Feb 23, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}