Konstantine
A
Little question for the pod, especially those of you that either live in or would be open to living in the suburbs or rural areas.

How far (miles or minutes) from the closest supermarket, restaurant, etc would you find acceptable? Or, put another way, what would you consider too far?
12:36 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Lil
A
In response to Konstantine.
40 minutes one way; preferably closer to 30 minutes
12:43 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Konstantine
A
In response to Lil.
I keep thinking anything in the 15 minute range would be acceptable. Not sure about 30 minutes, but I can definitely get more space/quiet that far out.
12:54 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Higgins_tj
A
I'll open the bidding. I live in the suburbs. 5 miles to the nearest supermarket/restaurant would probably bug me. I'm currently a mile from either.
12:40 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Konstantine
A
In response to Higgins_tj.
The place I'm looking at is just under 5 miles and has me wondering. There's another 6 miles in the other direction.
12:52 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Vera Hausherr
A
Granted, I live in Dwitzerland, where didtances are measured on a different scale than the US, but my rule is, I have to be able to do my daily shopping and get to work by bike, and do my weekly shopping by public transportation. My fam has now lived without a car in a small town for 9 years.
12:40 PM - Sep 21, 2023
Konstantine
A
In response to Vera Hausherr.
Being able to do that where I'm looking will prove difficult. Well, at least out of my price range for a place to live.
12:49 PM - Sep 21, 2023

Only followers of this user (Cderbie233) can see their posts

Konstantine
A
In response to Carmen Derbedrossian.
Wow. That's a hefty drive. It might be a little too much for me.
12:47 PM - Sep 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}