David Berger
A
As a Florida teacher, I fear for my students current & future. Teaching has been my passion for my whole career (30 years). The Republicans here are slowly dismantling public education, from book bans to altered history/civics to anti-LGBTQ policies.

I am asking for support. Please echo this.
08:22 PM - Feb 21, 2023
MIchael Walls
A
Much respect. Though I do wonder: At what point will teachers say "enough is enough" and actually stand up for their profession by staging a nationwide walkout/strike? Because if they don't, the Desantis model WILL go nationwide. I feel that many undervalue what they do for children.
In response to David Berger.
04:10 PM - Feb 25, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to MIchael Walls.
I can’t picture Teacher’s Unions allowing this to happen in New York. Our Unions are much stronger here than in Florida. I have friends and family who are teachers. They’re shocked by what Florida educators are going through. My Dad (now deceased) moved to Fla. in 1988. I’m glad I didn’t move!
05:34 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Josephine Parle
A
We already have. There is a HUGE shortage & teachers are fleeing heavily. I used to teach Gov’t to 12th graders in a heavy Trump district. It was horrible and impossible. Students didn’t believe facts. I am in a new career that is attractive to teachers. I get contacted all the time for help.
08:23 PM - Feb 25, 2023
MIchael Walls
A
In response to Josephine Parle.
This one goes out to all those teachers in Florida who are doing their best to bring Respect, Truth, and Dignity back to their profession. Gonna drop 1-2 tunes a day. I use 'em to (try) to get some "chops" back on this old, dusty kit (much like me....)🕶😎
https://www.youtube.com/wa...
Bruce Cockburn - Maybe The Poet - YouTube

Bruce Cockburn - Maybe The Poet

09:10 AM - Feb 26, 2023
Chrissy
A
In response to Josephine Parle.
I've gotten messages from my child's middle school that "not enough teachers/subs for tomorrow- absences will be excused".
08:55 AM - Mar 15, 2023
MIchael Walls
A
AND....if teachers DO go on strike, ALL parents who truly care about education need to stand with and support them thru that process. All the fkn way......
05:27 PM - Feb 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}