David Berger
A
As a Florida teacher, I fear for my students current & future. Teaching has been my passion for my whole career (30 years). The Republicans here are slowly dismantling public education, from book bans to altered history/civics to anti-LGBTQ policies.

I am asking for support. Please echo this.
08:22 PM - Feb 21, 2023
MIchael Walls
A
In response to David Berger.
Much respect. Though I do wonder: At what point will teachers say "enough is enough" and actually stand up for their profession by staging a nationwide walkout/strike? Because if they don't, the Desantis model WILL go nationwide. I feel that many undervalue what they do for children.
04:10 PM - Feb 25, 2023
Josephine Parle
A
In response to MIchael Walls.
We already have. There is a HUGE shortage & teachers are fleeing heavily. I used to teach Gov’t to 12th graders in a heavy Trump district. It was horrible and impossible. Students didn’t believe facts. I am in a new career that is attractive to teachers. I get contacted all the time for help.
08:23 PM - Feb 25, 2023
MIchael Walls
A
This one goes out to all those teachers in Florida who are doing their best to bring Respect, Truth, and Dignity back to their profession. Gonna drop 1-2 tunes a day. I use 'em to (try) to get some "chops" back on this old, dusty kit (much like me....)🕶😎
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcUiOADXf
Bruce Cockburn - Maybe The Poet - YouTube

Bruce Cockburn - Maybe The Poet

In response to Josephine Parle.
09:10 AM - Feb 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}