Rollo Tomasi
A
thread 1/1
Russian atrocities occurred as Russia invaded a sovereign nation. Hamas is an elected (albeit thinly and perhaps fraudulently) group fighting Israeli occupation broadly and economic devastation specifically. Its lazy at best to compare the 2. I'm going to assume you are ignorant and not gaslighting
06:39 PM - Oct 12, 2023
Rollo Tomasi
A
thread 2/1
Russian atrocities occurred as Russia invaded a sovereign nation. Hamas is an elected (albeit thinly and perhaps fraudulently) group fighting Israeli occupation broadly and economic devastation specifically. Its lazy at best to compare the 2. I'm going to assume you are ignorant and not gaslighting
06:39 PM - Oct 12, 2023
Rollo Tomasi
A
thread 3/1
Yes destroying Israel is not something I support. Far from it. I want Israelis to live in peace as much as I want Palestinians to live in peace and have economic, educational and health opportunities. Yes it is bad/corrupt leadership (Hamas, Hezbollah, PLO and Likud) that is destroying both dreams.
10:40 PM - Oct 12, 2023
Rollo Tomasi
A
thread 4/1
Yes destroying Israel is not something I support. Far from it. I want Israelis to live in peace as much as I want Palestinians to live in peace and have economic, educational and health opportunities. Yes it is bad/corrupt leadership (Hamas, Hezbollah, PLO and Likud) that is destroying both dreams.
Rollo Tomasi
A
thread 5/1
Jim Plunkett
A
thread 6/1
Yes & the key is to look at *who* is installing, financing & arming that "leadership"

The axis of authoritarianism runs from Russia through the Arab states, and is forcing Israel & Palestine into their violent stalemate

Why did Arafat & Rabin shake hands, but Arafat pull out at the last minute?..
09:34 AM - Oct 13, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
Key facts to keep in mind

Huge difference between deliberate targeting, torture & killing of civilians by attackers vs collateral damage to civilians by defenders attempting to avoid it while attackers use civilians as human shields

Do not both-sides this
05:40 PM - Oct 11, 2023
Rollo Tomasi
A
In response to Jim Plunkett.
One cannot occupy, oppress, and subjugate a population and not expect the most gruesome expression of retaliation
05:46 PM - Oct 11, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
In response to Rollo Tomasi.
So, you are saying Hamas burning alive and beheading children is justified?

And you have yet to notice that Hamas is backed by Iran and Russia (and Trump, who just declared that Israel "let us down", I provided classified Intel to RUS), and we are literally fighting the same war as in Ukraine?
09:31 PM - Oct 11, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
Details

Of course Palestine needs to be solved so everyone can prosper, but if autocrats are allowed to sponsor terrorism on the scale of Ukraine and Israel, directly (RUS Army) or indirectly (Hamas), NO ONE will ever prosper again for at least centuries
09:35 PM - Oct 11, 2023
Rollo Tomasi
A
You cannot compare Ukraine and Gaza and have a serious conversation
09:42 PM - Oct 11, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
I'm not comparing

I'm noting the key fact that sources of the current terrorist assaults (funding, arming, planning, intelligence, & approval), in UKR and IL are all from the same axis of authoritarianism/fascism - RUS & Iran

You still seem OK with that terrorism, happy to ignore sources?
11:38 PM - Oct 11, 2023
Rollo Tomasi
A
Yes rogue actors support and fund terrorism and war. But Gaza is being destroyed by Israel's decision to blockade and institute apartheid. Out of this dispair grows terrorism
10:45 PM - Oct 12, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
OK, out of Russia/authoritarian axis (Iran++) grows/funds/supplies terrorism

IL's harsh policies provide enough misdirection & support that the Hamas/Hezbollah terrorists do not find popular aggression directed against them

What drives need for harsh IL policy?

Did lax policy work better?
09:39 AM - Oct 13, 2023
Rollo Tomasi
A
Occupation, blockades,no economic or educational infrastructure actually grows terrorism instead of diminishing it!
10:55 AM - Oct 13, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
Sure, it breeds terrorism writ small

It does not breed inventories of 50,000 rockets, ability to launch 3000 within an hour, cross borders with thousands of armed troops

That is created only by nation-state funds

This is not home-grown "defense"

It is war by proxy, w/Palestinians as the pawns
11:12 AM - Oct 13, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
Could Israel have had better policies?
Likely

Would it have prevented this?
Nope
Likely would've happened sooner, w/Hamas having more local resources

What would have prevented it was Arafat or others saying "Yes" when very good statehood deals were on the table

But it was prevented by 'sponsors'
11:16 AM - Oct 13, 2023
Rollo Tomasi
A
Arafat saying yes to a very good deal... good for who? And the scale of Gazan oppression absolutely is enough to breed 50k rockets trained on israel.
11:24 AM - Oct 13, 2023
Jim Plunkett
A
Good deal for everyone, *especially* Palestinians

Imagine the diff if there was peace for the last 40-50 years!

Ya, bad IL policy helps Hamas/Hezbollah,
but they're absolutely unsustainable w/o outside Rus/Iran/++ powers driving the situation

Back away from the first tree & see the forest
07:36 PM - Oct 13, 2023
Rollo Tomasi
A
Yes hamas doesn't exist without hezbollah. Again. If Palestinians had the opportunity to work and live free they wouldn't look to Iran for help. Some? Sure. But not enough to sustain a ruling party
08:53 PM - Oct 13, 2023
Rollo Tomasi
A
Pres Herzog says ALL Gazans are responsible. Really? Are all Israelis responsible for Gazan children being killed? Will retribution be just? No this is madness. Israel's failure and Hamas' terrorism is not 'everyone's fault'
09:04 PM - Oct 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}