Kenyan Hicks
A
I tore my Achilles two weeks ago. Not being able to walk around is really depressing. But not as bad as realizing just how much the world is built to defeat you if you have the mildest disability. I should be walking in no time. But I am forever changed by seeing the world from this view.
11:39 PM - Oct 20, 2023
Cindy_Coffeelatte
A
In response to Kenyan Hicks.
I hope you have a swift recovery. My mom was hit by a car & had to learn to walk again. Ridiculous obstacles in buildings, transportation & horrible to deal with oblivious PEOPLE who just would not be patient & accommodate a wheelchair or walker. Very eye opening for me.
01:42 PM - Oct 21, 2023
Elle Cohen
A
It is a huge barrier to mobility challenged people being out in the world. Bc at the end of the day, you need to ask yourself if it’s worth it to go somewhere, and quite often it is not.
01:37 PM - Oct 21, 2023
Angela Votes Biden-Harris '24
A
Thank you for spotlighting the difficulties of navigating an ableist environment. That sucks you tore your Achilles. I wish you the best of luck in your recovery. 💐
12:20 AM - Oct 21, 2023
Sally W
A
Big hugs. 32 days ago my husband developed peripheral neuropathy. Went from walking and planning a trip to Europe to not being able to walk. General life is not made for disabilities. We’re working on his recovery. BTW - Dick’s Sporting Goods has awesome braces/wraps if you need them. 💞
12:00 AM - Oct 21, 2023
Kenyan Hicks
A
In response to Sally W.
Thank you for the well wishes and my heart goes out to you and yours 🙏🏿
12:06 AM - Oct 21, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
It really does change you. My "easy" cruise excursions were incredibly strenuous. I heard a phrase that's stuck with me forever: Being able-bodied is temporary. Hope you recover soon.
11:58 PM - Oct 20, 2023
Phil Schnyder
A
Wishing you a quick and painless recovery.
11:50 PM - Oct 20, 2023
Kenyan Hicks
A
In response to Phil Schnyder.
Thank you 🙏🏿!!
11:54 PM - Oct 20, 2023
Sarah Apfel
A
That was exactly my experience once my parents became disabled. From then on I found myself looking at the most basic experiences - shopping, restaurants, public transportation, etc - in a different way. Hope you recover very soon.
11:42 PM - Oct 20, 2023
Kenyan Hicks
A
In response to Sarah Apfel.
Thank you 🙏🏿
11:46 PM - Oct 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}