Scott Johnson
A
This is something we all need to know! I definitely was not aware of this!
Kelly Allistone @kellykba
Do you include hashtags in your posts?

When you capitalize each word, e.g. #MakeSpoutibleAccessible , #TextToSpeech software users hear all the words read individually. W/out caps they hear a string of gibberish, denying people with impaired vision appropriate access.
#ThisIsMySpoutibleWishlist
05:07 PM - Feb 26, 2023
06:59 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Just a scifi nerd
A
In response to Scott Johnson.
I do this anyway because my brain likes the orderly way the #FirstLetterCapital looks but its nice to know it has an added benefit too.
01:56 PM - Dec 29, 2023
Kos
A
Spoutible is the best thing that ever happened to social media. Just gotta say ... can you imagine seeing this on the old site? I certainly can't. I don't remember anyone caring that much about anyone else's experience on Twitter.
09:49 AM - Oct 30, 2023
Tim Graf
A
It also makes zero difference to the hashtag database in terms of cataloging. #test is the same as #Test for hashtags.
11:01 PM - Oct 21, 2023
Liz Adams
A
It's called camelcase. I agree, worth knowing. Also using alt text, same reason, making images accessible to participants using readers.
05:17 PM - Oct 18, 2023
Suzanne Dillon
A
In response to Liz Adams.
I’ve learned to actually describe a picture in AltText.
Not ‘picture of a bridge ‘.
More like ‘a brown wooden trestle bridge carries train tracks over a rock strewn creek bed. Spring green bushes and trees line the banks, with a cloudless blue sky above.’
06:21 PM - Oct 18, 2023
Andrea Rogers
A
I always do this. It is so much easier to read, too. #CapitalizeEachWordInYourHashtags !
12:25 PM - Sep 16, 2023
Max Prophet
A
I was aware of it. It's why it's annoying that we can't correct hashtags that were created improperly.
12:22 AM - Aug 21, 2023
oniraptor
B
thanks for the tip.
02:44 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Prefab Spout
A
I always capitalize to make it easier to me to read so I'm glad it helps others.
08:15 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Sally Koenig
A
Good information. I just figured out how to make descriptive captions on photos that I post. #Inclusivity
07:35 PM - Feb 26, 2023
Liz Adams
A
In response to Sally Koenig.
Thank you for doing that.
05:18 PM - Oct 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}