Rebekah
A
thread 1/4
Manager Spouters: Advice needed.

How do I deal with a highly reactive employee? He's a young professional with some work-world experience. Highly competent but everything becomes a major ordeal to him.
05:10 PM - Oct 23, 2023
Rebekah
A
thread 2/4
He has this tendency to think in black and white binary terms and doesn't see the nuance and grey areas. Because of this, he has an emotional reaction to things he sees as "unfair" or don't make sense to him.
Rebekah
A
thread 3/4
I don't have an issue of him venting to me. In fact, I encourage him to use me as a sounding board. Where we are running into issues is that he also brings up his thoughts to others.
Rebekah
A
thread 4/4
This is creating confusion and second-guessing among coworkers. We are a data-driven office and sometimes he does not consider that. He reacts only on his feelings. I don't want to discourage his engagement but he also needs to accept things as they are, sometimes. I could use some help.
Ike K
A
In response to Rebekah.
If yours is a data driven office and he is not that, the problem is unlikely to go away.

On the other hand, perhaps he’s immature and will grow out of his behavior. I’ve seen that happen. Do you have the time to wait for that?

The question - Is his potential worth waiting on?
07:40 PM - Oct 23, 2023
Diana
A
In response to Rebekah.
That’s tough. Do you have any other more senior members of your team that you could pair him with for mentorship?
05:26 PM - Oct 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}