Christopher Bouzy
A
I don't expect everyone to get along, and that is why we have block and mute buttons. It will be harder to get people to come here and stay if they feel unwelcome.
01:43 PM - Oct 28, 2023 (Edited)
Laura Diamondstone
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
There already ia a "core" group of people that do not welcome critiques or alternative viewpoints and do so by piling on rather than listening/critical thinking.
Also some of the most deep thinkers are marginalized or banned (e.g. sex workers/advocates).
This is supposed to be sm, not nextdoor.
02:03 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Hester Prynnecess, beat reporter
A
In response to Laura Diamondstone.
sex workers are banned?

I don’t think anyone is banned by profession. I think it’s about the content of their posts.

People can talk about nearly anything but posting pictures/video is a different story. no?
02:42 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Laura Diamondstone
A
In response to Hester Prynnecess, beat reporter.
IDK. I wasn;t here for the drama. I only know that people whose voices I respected on X are not coming here as they are standing with sex workers. That means to me an aspect of unwelcoming exists - not just from my own experience.
02:44 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Viviane Elbee
A
I heard that too, although I’m not sure they are actually banned; I think they were worried they would be because of confusion / lack of clarity on the subject.
03:45 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Laura Diamondstone
A
In response to Viviane Elbee.
I tried to do more research also. IDK if banned or not. But I think the damage is done and there hasn't been a change in the ambiguous terms of use. People are not coming back 😔
04:58 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Viviane Elbee
A
Yes, it’s sad. I noticed several of the people I followed went to Bluesky instead of Spoutible. And others unfortunately are still on the bad site, even though it is just getting worse and worse there
09:27 PM - Oct 28, 2023
Laura Diamondstone
A
Yes to/agree with all of that. Especially no place to feel at home. I've never been able to get into bluesky. Glad ur here tho.
In response to Viviane Elbee.
09:34 PM - Oct 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}