Kara Post-Kennedy
A
People are always amazed at my house when I pop a movie into my DVD player. They act like it is an artifact from the ice ages. And they just about stroke out when I tell them that sometimes I BORROW DVDs from the LIBRARY. I'm like "Little House on the Prairie" in real life! Anyone else out there?
04:27 PM - Nov 02, 2023
Kate Woods Walker
A
In response to Kara Post-Kennedy.
I love commentary tracks. DVDs forever.

For things that require rewatches, like Twin Peaks, physical media are essential. I don't want to worry if a title is leaving a platform, etc.
11:56 AM - Nov 04, 2023
DianeInNashville TN
A
Hubby prefers them, but I find they take up too much space/time & are inconvenient. Case in point: we start a movie in the dining room during dinner, then have to switch to the living room and find our spot. Much easier to do with my Firestick. That said, I see value in owning a few favorites.
11:33 AM - Nov 04, 2023
indie perfume lover
A
🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️ They'll have to pry the DVDs from my cold, dead hands....
05:12 PM - Nov 02, 2023
Kara Post-Kennedy
A
In response to indie perfume lover.
😁
05:14 PM - Nov 02, 2023
Linda the scandi
A
Which, btw, is a fantastic series 😄
04:52 PM - Nov 02, 2023
Liz Adams
A
Yes, here too. Just finished watching Suits that way, now in the middle of Sherlock. Library DVDs. On new player, old TV having broken down after a mere thirty years. I gave away the pluggy stuff, technical term, that enabled me to watch DVDs on the TV to another antediluvian friend. He loves it.
04:45 PM - Nov 02, 2023
Kara Post-Kennedy
A
In response to Liz Adams.
Sherlock is literally the best.
04:57 PM - Nov 02, 2023
Chris Dashiell
A
I own over 2000 DVDs and Blu Rays. I don’t understand not wanting to own physical copies of movies.
04:33 PM - Nov 02, 2023
indie perfume lover
A
In response to Chris Dashiell.
This.
05:13 PM - Nov 02, 2023
Just Frank
A
In response to Chris Dashiell.
I have at least a thousand DVD and Blu-ray discs. I can watch them the way I want and not have to worry about restrictions that streaming apps set for different media.
06:14 PM - Nov 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}