Mister Moss @Generation79
Put the women in charge.
Men are stupid.
10:08 AM - Nov 03, 2023
10:12 AM - Nov 03, 2023
Mike Yenco
A
In response to Anthony Lee.
I wish I could agree. It isn't that I don't think there are many fantastic women out there who would do a far better job than men currently in charge (there are). But part of me asks do we really want the likes of Sarah Palin, Lauren Boebert, or Marjorie Taylor Greene (to name a few) in charge? 😱
10:43 AM - Nov 03, 2023
Read aBannedBook
A
In response to Mike Yenco.
The likes of them are no different than the likes of Gaetz, Tuberville, etc. Reread your spout and think about misogyny.
02:04 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Mike Yenco
A
In response to Read aBannedBook.
That is true, they are no different. That's the point I was making. A blanket statement that putting women in charge instead of men isn't the answer. It requires nuance. There are plenty of awesome women out there that should be put in charge, but there are some where that clearly isn't the case.
07:00 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Read aBannedBook
A
Your point wasn't clear and still fuzzy. The last sentence applies equally to men (change "awesome women" to "awesome men" and it's still true). No one is saying vote for incompetent women just because they're female. Everyone knows there's nuance. But men are failing; the patriarchy is not working.
07:28 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Mike Yenco
A
I certainly did vote for Hillary in the general though, because she was certainly more qualified than Trump. But still had certain people who couldn't see the nuance and wanted to push that blanket statement mad that I would actually support Bernie's policies over Hillary's.
08:35 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Read aBannedBook
A
I'm glad you voted for Hillary. Bernie did her no favors with his tepid support.
08:48 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Mike Yenco
A
Tepid support like this? One of many - where Bernie says "I intend to do everything I can to make certain she [Hillary Clinton] will be the next President of the United States" and then goes on to make the case for voting for Clinton to his supporters? Doesn't sound "tepid" to me.
Bernie Sanders endorses Hillary Clinton (Entire speech) - YouTube

Sen. Bernie Sanders officially endorsed presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton at a rally in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

09:18 PM - Nov 03, 2023 (Edited)
Read aBannedBook
A
He waited too long to endorse her.
09:30 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Mike Yenco
A
I also have to say that Joe Biden surprised me. He wasn't my top pick in the primary when it came to progressive policies (I was favoring Elizabeth Warren), but early on he did embrace them and then worked with a congress with more progressives to get some pretty impressive stuff done once elected.
10:21 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Read aBannedBook
A
I'm old enough to remember when he ran the first time and had to drop out. It was a big deal back then. Because I lived through that, and Watergate and other political happenings that I'm surprised I paid attention to at a young age, I'm very happy that he is our president now. Right time for him.
10:23 PM - Nov 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}