Matlock
A
thread 1/9
Here I go, posting my music again, this time to bring you the *second* thing I ever published - 2: "The World is Too Big," a song cycle for voice, piano, and violin. Gonna post a few things, starting with the link to the sheet music:
#keyofw #keyofwMusic #keyofwMusicCatalog
03:02 PM - Nov 03, 2023
Matlock
A
thread 2/9
Back in 2017 I was approached by the TangleTown Trio in Seattle to write them something for Earth Day that they would then perform for the Seattle Folklife Festival. Naturally, I wrote them four songs and not one, and I also wrote the lyrics to the songs.
Matlock
A
thread 3/9
The TangleTown Trio has continually performed these songs at their live shows, but I don't know what will happen now that one of their members moved away. These songs were also recorded in a studio, and I have the recordings, but the recordings were never released as far as I know.
Matlock
A
thread 4/9
So I put the songs on YouTube just so *someone* can hear them. If I get access to a real, released album I probably won't leave the videos up because they won't be needed anymore.
Matlock
A
thread 5/9
Song 1: Mother Earth

A (mostly) serious musing on the relationship between all life and the planet we live on.
Mother Earth - YouTube

Back in 2017 I was commissioned by the TangleTown Trio to write some music for Earth Day for the Northwest Folklife Festival. These are (mostly) whimsical so...

Matlock
A
thread 6/9
Song 2: What Do You See When You See The Mountains?

Somehow not the silliest song in the set. A song about seeing meaning in nature, presented in an overly serious manner meant to juxtapose humorously with the banal lyrical content.
What Do You See When You See The Mountains? - YouTube

Back in 2017 I was commissioned by the TangleTown Trio to write some music for Earth Day for the Northwest Folklife Festival. These are (mostly) whimsical so...

Matlock
A
thread 7/9
Song 3: Behold The Mighty River

A song which argues the exact opposite of the previous: that trying to find coherent meaning in nature is impossible. My attempt at aping Ogden Nash's poetic style.
Behold the Mighty River - YouTube

Matlock
A
thread 8/9
4. If I Had Just One Complaint

My favorite in the set, and the first one I wrote. All four songs are clear homages to other musical or poetic styles, but this one is probably the most blatant. RIP Stephen #Sondheim .
If I Had Just One Complaint - YouTube

Matlock
A
thread 9/9
Anyway, do what you like with this thread. If you like the music, give me a follow on my Bandcamp or streaming services (always @ keyofw). Thanks for reading.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}