Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
thread 1/10
I was exposed to COVID today, and am utterly disgusted. Had a meeting. Chose not to mask, because I am an IDIOT. After we basically concluded, the person whose office it was told me one of her team had gone home - they had tested positive. The two of them had this conversation? In that office.
05:40 PM - Nov 15, 2023 (Edited)
A
thread 2/10
This Director KNOWS my risk aversion, AND my health risks, and she first apologized for not telling me - y'know, after I'd been hotboxing her colleague's cooties in a small and closed space for a long time. Then she protested about how she'd wiped everything down.

Unfortunately: I BREATHE.
05:40 PM - Nov 15, 2023 (Edited)
A
thread 3/10
I am outraged at the stupidity and the insensitivity, and just as disgusted by the person who tested positive. Like, you clearly were sick, I saw you this a.m. and spoke directly to you. You decided to come in? And - what? - THEN you tested?

No. You knew, and you fucking exposed us all.
05:40 PM - Nov 15, 2023
A
thread 4/10
I don't know which one of them horrifies me more, honestly. The sick one was at the office all day yesterday, too, sitting right next to a cube mate who was home sick today (gastro - but COVID has presented with gastro symptoms).
A
thread 5/10
Plus: I was at the office all day. There's zero protocol for someone exposing the whole cube farm to DEFINITE COVID. My boss told me to go to HR and get a test. Well, 1) the tests at our office expired in May 2022. 2) if I was exposed an hour ago, I'm not going to test + yet, right?
A
thread 6/10
I am sickened and angry and scared, and exhausted. Some of y'all know I've been going through it, especially in the context of work.
A
thread 7/10
NOBODY, at all, cares one slimy little wet sour shit about the health of others - this is how it feels.
A
thread 8/10
Fortunately, I've already completed my 3 days in the office for the week, so it is not necessary for ME to expose anyone else. I will quarantine, I'll test, and I'll fucking stew.
A
thread 9/10
#PerilousPenelope 's PT has cancer, so I won't take her for her final session tomorrow. Even masked as I am every time, and even knowing she *doesn't*, I just don't feel right about that. Maybe we reschedule, maybe we just call her done.

Right now, just need to get through a few days & a few tests.
No
A
It is not even close to over. My neighbors just had it. And a woman 5 doors down has had it 5 times and is on her second week with it this time. My mom's BFF has had it twice in the past year. Dumbasses just keep passing it around like it is a simple cold. It is not.
09:10 PM - Nov 15, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to No.
Customers, people in my classes, at work- coming in clearly sick and unmasked all the fucking time, and if they mention it at all they try to pass it off as just a cold, even though we all know what it most likely is.
09:12 PM - Nov 15, 2023
No
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
Yup. But it only takes one person with mild symptoms to mute the virus and pass it to so many others. It is insane how lackadaisical people are about it. My brother has long covid from last year. It has really messed him up too.
09:25 PM - Nov 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}