Professor Kyle
A
"If fascism takes over in the U.S., where will we go?" Nowhere. If that were to happen, fascism would be everywhere, sooner or later – we're in a global fight against fascism, bigotry, & hate right now. We need to stand up & fight, not flee to "blue states" or Canada or a utopia that doesn't exist.
11:59 AM - Nov 21, 2023
Madelon Wise
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
I agree with you. I have a number of friends who are talking about moving to another country. One of them is going around, saying Biden‘s gonna lose Biden‘s gonna lose and I think that this possibility of getting German citizenship is really making her arrogant.
12:10 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Bob Atayi
A
Don't want to be the bearer of bad news for your friend but AFD which is an extreme right-wing political party is currently leading in the polls in Germany. Extremism is everywhere. We can definitely win in next year's election. We just have to work hard to earn it.
In response to Madelon Wise.
01:47 PM - Nov 21, 2023 (Edited)
Madelon Wise
A
In response to Bob Atayi.
I’m not going to tell my friend this. She already knows everything. But I know that right wing extremism is everywhere. I can’t imagine what she thinks she is achieving by badmouthing Biden. I wish we had a stronger candidate, but we are voting for a movement, not a person.
02:21 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Sabine
A
In response to Bob Atayi.
Your take that the AFD is leading in the polls in Germany is not correct.

Actual polls here (source: de.statista.com), by different pollsters show the AFD at about 20 % (which is too much, of course) but far from being in the lead.
01:57 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Bob Atayi
A
In response to Sabine.
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/...
https://www.npr.org/2023/1...
I agree with you for the most part. There are of course different polls and they are not always correct.
02:03 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Madelon Wise
A
In response to Sabine.
Thank you for this information Sabine. Interesting.
02:21 PM - Nov 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}