Professor Kyle
A
"If fascism takes over in the U.S., where will we go?" Nowhere. If that were to happen, fascism would be everywhere, sooner or later – we're in a global fight against fascism, bigotry, & hate right now. We need to stand up & fight, not flee to "blue states" or Canada or a utopia that doesn't exist.
11:59 AM - Nov 21, 2023
Madelon Wise
A
I agree with you. I have a number of friends who are talking about moving to another country. One of them is going around, saying Biden‘s gonna lose Biden‘s gonna lose and I think that this possibility of getting German citizenship is really making her arrogant.
In response to Professor Kyle.
12:10 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Bob Atayi
A
In response to Madelon Wise.
Don't want to be the bearer of bad news for your friend but AFD which is an extreme right-wing political party is currently leading in the polls in Germany. Extremism is everywhere. We can definitely win in next year's election. We just have to work hard to earn it.
01:47 PM - Nov 21, 2023 (Edited)
Sabine
A
In response to Bob Atayi.
Your take that the AFD is leading in the polls in Germany is not correct.

Actual polls here (source: de.statista.com), by different pollsters show the AFD at about 20 % (which is too much, of course) but far from being in the lead.
01:57 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Madelon Wise
A
In response to Bob Atayi.
I’m not going to tell my friend this. She already knows everything. But I know that right wing extremism is everywhere. I can’t imagine what she thinks she is achieving by badmouthing Biden. I wish we had a stronger candidate, but we are voting for a movement, not a person.
02:21 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Pamela
A
Because there have never been authoritarian issues in Germany 🙄
12:25 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Madelon Wise
A
In response to Pamela.
Yes, I find this particularly ironic.
If I had the money think I would be eligible for this thing as well. I like Germany but I don’t think that Europe is much safer than here. And Germany is doing this to whiten and German-ate their culture, after having let in so many refugees.
12:38 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Fiona Bski
A
people were saying that last time too
12:14 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Madelon Wise
A
In response to Fiona Bski.
Yes, they were.
12:16 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
That's infuriating. Why not fight for a Biden victory?
12:12 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Madelon Wise
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Because she’s had her mind poisoned by Bill Maher. And why fight for anything if she’s got her own ass covered?
12:12 PM - Nov 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}