Nicole
A
A whole group of Americans are turning against public education and teachers. Shout it from the rooftops: the teachers are not ok. We are tired and scared.
04:44 PM - Mar 02, 2023 (Edited)
Vos Orbis Designs
A
In response to Nicole.
They've also been the subject of a decades-long push, from both political parties, because factions behind those parties want that almost a trillion (810 billion) federal budget for themselves. Hence all the privatization and charter and voucher programs. Of course there's more to it than that...
10:14 AM - Jan 11, 2024
Frank Schumacher
A
In response to Nicole.
If they can get rid of, or completely control public Ed, they can indoctrinate an entire generation. We want education & students that think, they want indoctrination & followers.
01:24 PM - Nov 29, 2023
dmark
A
In response to Nicole.
The test run was in Wisconsin in 2010
04:37 PM - Nov 06, 2023
Beth Noble Ahlstedt
A
In response to Nicole.
One of the essential elements of fascism is to attack education/educators so that future generations of WS fascists can hold power through intimidation, violence, & deliberate revision of history that reflects & holds high their fascist ideology. You are right to be scared. TY for teaching our kids.
11:09 AM - Oct 19, 2023
Grumpy Introvert
A
In response to Nicole.
Since at least the 80s, Republicans have portrayed educators as “feeding at the public trough.” Educators and public education have been under attack for decades and has languished as a result.
08:44 AM - Aug 04, 2023
Candace Brent
A
In response to Nicole.
It is astonishing what teachers are having to endure. Low pay,administrative requirements, and constant interference by "concerned parents ". Teachers teach because they love seeing kids learn. Parents have a role but it's not to second guess the person hired to do the job.
06:59 AM - Aug 04, 2023
Insley James
A
In response to Nicole.
Every person who has trash talked our teachers should be made to spend a month in schools. Not that all teachers are fab, but those of us who've worked in schools understand the daily difficulties of budgets, over crowded classrooms, teach a full curriculum and now the horrors of...well you know.
06:50 AM - Aug 04, 2023
Leroy Jenkins
A
In response to Nicole.
We saw it coming. We spoke out about that. Guess they didn’t listen. They will now.
04:37 AM - Aug 04, 2023
Cathleen Perez Brenycz
A
In response to Nicole.
Agreed. Elementary school teacher here, and I hear so much opposition from others. It’s like the hard work we put in to make sure our students are safe are ignored.
07:47 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Marlie (Confidential)
B
In response to Nicole.
I, for one, will stand next to and/ or in front of our teachers to protect them from harm. And I know I won't be alone. Our kids need an education and we need our teachers to teach them! Right people? We must take a stand for our kids!
07:49 AM - Mar 08, 2023
oceandrop
A
In response to Nicole.
I understand. I'm leaving my part time teaching position at the end of May and it won't be a minute too soon. It has put my health and well-being at risk.
My heart goes out to the newer full-time teachers - I know what they're up against.
08:28 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Not The Droid You're Looking For
A
In response to Nicole.
And woefully underpaid.
08:23 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Alexandra Thornton
A
In response to Nicole.
The teachers are heros on our front lines.💕
04:50 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Dr. Liz
A
In response to Nicole.
And some of those anti-public education people are on school boards!
11:00 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Cre8ve2
A
In response to Nicole.
Educator here, I'm not scared.
I'm mad as h*ll!
06:32 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Olden Stihlkul
A
In response to Nicole.
It's like being at a party and 1 person is screaming in your ear. Its hard to miss the noise, and overwhelmingly irritating, but there are many more people there asking " wtf is wrong with that person?"

Teaching is way too important to let the noise drown out the lesson.
06:29 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Tracy Gaulton
A
In response to Nicole.
as per the Repub plan, they've been working towards it for decades... & with the help of their propaganda "news" stations, it's really starting to take hold with their followers - & since MSM doesn't correct the right's lies, many people think "yeah, there must be something wrong w public education"
06:28 PM - Mar 02, 2023
CPfromCA
A
In response to Nicole.
My fdad worked as a music teacher in Oakland public schools for nearly 35 years. He retired in the late 1970s, & even back then he was always taking other side jobs because teachers' pay wasn't that great.

I don't know how any of you do it now that the $ is even less & abuse is out of control.
06:27 PM - Mar 02, 2023
KiKiPosting
A
In response to Nicole.
And you deserve so much more than what you are getting. Pay, benefits, etc. 😢
06:21 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
In response to KiKiPosting.
It is wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong that the highest paid person in the building is not a teacher with 20+ years of service, it’s the SRO with a year and change under his belt.
10:26 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Rebecca
A
In response to Nicole.
FYI, teaching is in such demand in Canada, we have multiple immigration programs for it. Salaries ~$50k-$100k/yr + full pension and benefits.
05:37 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Cre8ve2
A
In response to Rebecca.
I've heard it's extremely difficult to get a teaching job in Canada.
06:30 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Tammie Sylvia
A
In response to Rebecca.
Thank you for sharing. I would be interested in this, but I wonder if my age would prohibit me.
08:14 AM - Mar 08, 2023
Tamara Abbey
A
In response to Nicole.
And they are stealing our children's education under the guise of school choice. Stop. This. Madness.
05:34 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Ground Control
A
In response to Nicole.
They were already against the teachers well before this. They just came out from under the rocks to finally say it.
05:23 PM - Mar 02, 2023
George Carlin Was Right
A
In response to Nicole.
The goal is a bunch of stupid and indoctrinated "christian" cultists. My wife is getting out within a couple of years and we're safe here in CA so far, but it's getting worse. They're all struggling.
05:19 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
In response to Nicole.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
05:16 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Kesh the Goblin
A
In response to Irminsul Harp.
Part of fighting back, is finding allies and support. If you were forced to take things on alone in the past, it would stand to reason that you would know more than anyone the importance of giving support to those now, so they don't have to be alone.
06:15 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Archie Leach
A
In response to Irminsul Harp.
You're kidding, right? When did you stop teaching? Why do you assume teachers today arent fighting to protect public education, our students and our jobs?
06:34 PM - Mar 02, 2023
BobCat1952
A
In response to Nicole.
God bless our teachers. My husband and I are retired teachers.
05:05 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Agent Of Chaos
A
In response to Nicole.
Teaching should be one of the most applauded and appreciated professions. Teachers are responsible for the future of our world!
05:04 PM - Mar 02, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}