Steve Marmel
A
So who would be the least worst option?
04:44 AM - Dec 03, 2023
AlisonRises
B
In response to Steve Marmel.
That’s a pretty tough question. She’s nearly as horrible as Trump but almost nothing is worse than Trump.
02:29 AM - Dec 08, 2023
Matthew Nadler
A
Someone is always pitching ideas like this. They never work. Besides, does hie really think Trump is the strongest candidate against Biden?
03:56 PM - Dec 04, 2023
Deb Montague
A
You can't do this unless you have open primaries. Consider this: If you switch your party alignment to vote Rep, you will be inundated with their fund raising materials. Do you really want to wade through all that? The better tactic is to get out the vote FOR Dems.
10:42 AM - Dec 03, 2023
jocelynjtweet
A
This is a silly idea. Most states do not have an open primary, meaning you have to switch your voter registration to R to vote in their primary. Meaning you don’t get to vote on the Democratic line for other primary races (Congress, Senate, State Leg, Governor, Mayor, School Board).
05:37 AM - Dec 03, 2023
Ethical Atheist
A
In response to jocelynjtweet.
Depends on where you live. I am registered to vote as an independent so I can vote in the GOP primary.

For the past 3 elections, there has been no Dem. candidate for any county level office. The primary is the election when it comes to local governance.
05:43 AM - Dec 03, 2023
Matthew Nadler
A
In response to jocelynjtweet.
In many cases, the presidential primary is on a separate date from the regular primary. the big question would be how easy is it to switch back.
03:55 PM - Dec 04, 2023
Mo's Muffins
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
04:59 AM - Dec 03, 2023
Nancy D
A
It’s pathetic that this is what we’ve come to
04:58 AM - Dec 03, 2023
Rechercher
A
In response to Nancy D.
But sometimes you have to be a strategic voter, especially when primary elections are literally a choice between the lesser of two evils--and when your side is so outnumbered, the primary is basically the election. I have changed my registration several times, then changed back.
03:23 PM - Dec 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}