DeAnna Munchkin
A
Soooo.... that was insane. Has there ever been a premiere as chaotic as #Survivor44 ?

Who else was shocked at that tribal?
10:21 PM - Mar 01, 2023 (Edited)
Dawn
A
In response to DeAnna Munchkin.
Definitely the wildest first tribal council of a season! I didn't love that there were so many medical concerns, for the sake of the players. It also made the episode a little disjointed. But I'm looking forward to a fun season!
05:44 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Laury Silvers
A
In response to Dawn.
I think Matthew's SITD was so he did not have to betray Brandon. Maddy said that Jaime was intended at first (not in the edit, so who knows) so her playing it made sense. Lauren is playing hard. Glad Maddy went home. I hate it when they try to vote out the strong people for strategy first thing.
05:55 PM - Mar 02, 2023
DeAnna Munchkin
A
In response to Laury Silvers.
I'm so happy to have found other Survivor fans! I understand not wanting to see Brandon go first but for Maddy it was such a smart move. He didn't trust her, didn't want to play with her and in such a small tribe that means she would be gone sooner rather than later if she didn't strike first.
08:38 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Laury Silvers
A
Just my pet peeve! Lol.
08:47 PM - Mar 02, 2023
DeAnna Munchkin
A
Oh I get it for sure! I'm just obsessed with strategy games so in Survivor I'm always looking at the strategy plays, what moves benefit what players and whatnot. 😄
11:03 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Laury Silvers
A
But strategically at the beginning, it’s better to keep the most athletic players? It just seems when teams do that, they lose again and again. Mind you, I’m not that attentive a fan. I don’t study strategy. So this is a sincere ask to understand.
08:25 AM - Mar 03, 2023
DeAnna Munchkin
A
It really depends. Challenge strength is important but there are challenges that focus on different skillsets - like puzzles or endurance which tend to not be the beat for beefcake players.

But for players without big muscles playing to the strength only mindset is often bad for their game. 1/
11:19 AM - Mar 03, 2023
DeAnna Munchkin
A
Especially for women who get picked off so easily for bring "weak" - so that is why Maddy's plan was perfect for her. It would have set her up in a Shan like position for the remainder of the pre merge. 2/
11:21 AM - Mar 03, 2023
DeAnna Munchkin
A
Lastly for players middle of the road you also need to go with people you can work with. So if that beefcake guy is great for your personal game - keep him! But if you connect better with the person that is seen as weaker, or if that player will be more loyal to you then maybe it's worth it.
11:22 AM - Mar 03, 2023
Laury Silvers
A
!!! Okay! (Just started SAU on my lunch break. IT IS BONKERS. LOL, so over the top compared. LOL. Love it.
11:33 AM - Mar 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}