Kymberlyn Reed
A
thread 1/3
#mouthypolitics101

People really need to STOP with the "white women are forced to vote the way their menfolk do" as an excuse.

History has illustrated time and again that white women willingly and knowingly uphold white supremacy.

They are NOT victims.

They choose their sons
02:50 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Kymberlyn Reed
A
thread 2/3
over their daughters, who in turn learn that same lesson.

They choose access to societal capital and power over solidarity and empathy with other women.

What Ken Paxton is doing in Texas has already been done to Black and PoC women in other red states, but their stories don't
Kymberlyn Reed
A
thread 3/3
make the news for obvious reasons.

Even now with Roe overturned, there are ww who STILL plan to support Republicans because they know doing so harms the marginalized people/groups they hate.
Ria Jones-Kirkbride
A
In response to Kymberlyn Reed.
If you just agree, then be honest, but don't blame misogyny, that's some weak white woman tears nonsense🤦‍♀️ really make me cringe sometimes. Own your shit ladies, then maybe we can have an honest conversation about what we each really think, under the niceties 🤨
07:03 PM - Dec 27, 2023
Ria Jones-Kirkbride
A
Yeah no I don't buy that defense, as a white woman. The point of getting the vote was to speak for ourselves, our interests. Parroting husbands etc defeats the point. That vote is your voice, your independence, hard fought for. Don't cop out and waste it just repeating, that's lazy and cowardly!
06:59 PM - Dec 27, 2023
Ground Control
A
Case in point: all those Confederate statues that got tore down? Totally white women orgs like Daughters Of The Confederacy.
02:57 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Sal E
A
I will NEVER understand that argument.

Is the man standing over top of her in the voting booth? I think not.
02:56 PM - Dec 11, 2023
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Sal E.
There is no partner alive whom I will love more than my own brain and instincts (including my husband; he supports this view...which is why he is *still* my husband). I will never understand women who are so desperate for affection from one person that they'll vote against their own best interests.
12:33 PM - Dec 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}