Bryan
A
Agree, the addition of Bluesky and if done right, Mastodon, is a very big positive for Spoutible. However, not having only two Mastodon servers listed in the drop-down is problematic. Make this an open field? Once I'm able to add Medium's Mastodon instance...perfect! #spoutibletweaks #mastodon
Patrick Madden @patrickhmadden
@cbouzy - Nicely done on the BlueSky integration... For Mastodon, can it be set up to use a different server (and not mastodon.social)? My main account is on mastodon.acm.org.
05:13 PM - Dec 05, 2023
06:08 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Susan A. Kitchens
A
In response to Bryan.
I annotated a screenshot of a ranked list of mastodon servers showing how Spoutible supports number 1 and 6 on the list of english language mastodon servers. check out the alt text, too.

https://spoutible.com/thre...
02:16 PM - Dec 12, 2023
Bryan
A
Thanks for putting up this list. Adding to your good comments that there is no "official" Mastodon server, I'd also add that the quantity of users on a server really doesn't matter because it's all part of the #fediverse . Limiting servers is just going to upset more Mastodon users than it pleases.
In response to Susan A. Kitchens.
06:58 PM - Dec 12, 2023
Susan A. Kitchens
A
In response to Bryan.
Yes. Some people I follow are on low-user-count instances, esp:
—weather/emergency peeps
—instances set up by news orgs as their way to verify themselves. (If post comes from
“social . newsIncDomainName . com” that's the open source method to verify the org + bypass gatekeepers)
09:05 PM - Dec 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}