Bryan
A
Agree, the addition of Bluesky and if done right, Mastodon, is a very big positive for Spoutible. However, not having only two Mastodon servers listed in the drop-down is problematic. Make this an open field? Once I'm able to add Medium's Mastodon instance...perfect! #spoutibletweaks #mastodon
Patrick Madden @patrickhmadden
@cbouzy - Nicely done on the BlueSky integration... For Mastodon, can it be set up to use a different server (and not mastodon.social)? My main account is on mastodon.acm.org.
05:13 PM - Dec 05, 2023
06:08 PM - Dec 07, 2023
Susan A. Kitchens
A
In response to Bryan.
I annotated a screenshot of a ranked list of mastodon servers showing how Spoutible supports number 1 and 6 on the list of english language mastodon servers. check out the alt text, too.

https://spoutible.com/thre...
02:16 PM - Dec 12, 2023
Bryan
A
In response to Susan A. Kitchens.
Thanks for putting up this list. Adding to your good comments that there is no "official" Mastodon server, I'd also add that the quantity of users on a server really doesn't matter because it's all part of the #fediverse . Limiting servers is just going to upset more Mastodon users than it pleases.
06:58 PM - Dec 12, 2023
Susan A. Kitchens
A
Yes. Some people I follow are on low-user-count instances, esp:
—weather/emergency peeps
—instances set up by news orgs as their way to verify themselves. (If post comes from
“social . newsIncDomainName . com” that's the open source method to verify the org + bypass gatekeepers)
In response to Bryan.
09:05 PM - Dec 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}