ZERO FUX
C
I know have a C grade on Spoutible because I am not a delusional pro Biden neo lib. As much as I would prefer he wins over Trump, it's not going to fucking happen and it will be a sad day of crying after election day, when all of you realize the better move was to run someone who could win.
11:49 AM - Dec 13, 2023
Jenna
A
In response to ZERO FUX.
Unfortunately I think Biden has really fucked himself with his position on Israel/Gaza. I think he could've pulled off a win before this, but I don't see it happening anymore. As always, I wish we had better choices.
01:20 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Geannie Bastian
A
In response to Jenna.
Most people aren’t single issue voters. Many won’t want to vote in the guy who brags about getting Roe overturned & says woman must be punished, wants to put terrorists back on American streets, throw out immigrants, denies climate change, contemplates martial law, and won’t change the Israel issue
03:19 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Jenna
A
In response to Geannie Bastian.
Chill, I'm not saying Trump isn't a million times worse, and I'll still vote for Biden. But let's not bury our heads in the sand and pretend he hasn't pissed off a good portion of young voters that are key to a Dem victory.
04:09 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Geannie Bastian
A
In response to Jenna.
I’m plenty chill. I also don’t have my head in the sand. I’m merely pointing out that I have more faith in these voters to come to realize that sitting home or protest voting will not improve the things they are pissed about, but will actually worsen them - and many others. And there is work to do.
04:40 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Jenna
A
I guess we'll find out, though blaming them for using the only options they have to push for a change in policy (protests, petitions, threatening to withhold their vote) is kind of silly when the blame rests on the candidate for not having the right policy position to win enough votes.
04:53 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Geannie Bastian
A
In response to Jenna.
Not blaming them. Expecting them to be smart enough to realize that you protest, petition, threaten and push - and then you decide who you want to actually be in charge among those who can win, and who you don’t.

Shouting “But my policy positions!” won’t save people when the world is on fire.
05:04 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Jenna
A
I just think he's the one in the wrong in this situation, not the voters. If he loses, it'll be because he messed up.
05:06 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Geannie Bastian
A
In response to Jenna.
Even if we’re stipulating that, he’d lose a job. The voters would lose a good deal more. That’s the point.
06:23 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Jenna
A
I mean, I agree. I don't want Trump to win any more than you do. But I do want the person I vote for to do the right thing and not support ethnic cleansing. I shouldn't have to choose between two candidates who are both fine with Israel continuing to kill thousands of babies and children.
07:39 PM - Dec 13, 2023
Geannie Bastian
A
In response to Jenna.
To be honest it’s wrapped up in decades of American guilt over other bad policy decisions that would take more space than we have to dig through. But that led to treaties, etc. And trying to influence a narcissistic madman with diplomacy isn’t easy. But what else have we got?
11:39 PM - Dec 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}