Brian Karem
A
Serious question: What do YOU value most about the press, and what would you like to see changed?
09:34 PM - Mar 03, 2023
Dawn NotPuttinItHere
A
In response to Brian Karem.
I miss independent small town newspapers.
06:12 PM - Mar 08, 2023
Sideeye Slant 🎨
A
Investigative journalism that digs into/presents the whole story, including the backstory. No click-bait,no 30 secs of sound bites.We need local cov of issues as well as nat'l news. And,I'm so sick &tired of everyone focusing on 1 story 24/7,usually devoted 2bashing 1 political party 2aid the other.
04:34 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Sideeye Slant 🎨
A
In response to Sideeye Slant 🎨.
But, I'm also sick & tired of both sides-ing things as if lies carry the same weight of truth. If one side is lying, state it, don't present it as if it is just another weird version of the truth that deserves to be given credence.
04:37 PM - Mar 05, 2023
PT Bryan
A
I like what you do

More journalists shoild Be like uou
04:21 PM - Mar 04, 2023
Yvette
A
People need to stop covering TRUMP like he’s an actual VIABLE CANDIDATE for President in 2024! The man has so many INDICTMENTS coming towards him that he’s getting nowhere NEAR the White House ever AGAIN!
03:50 PM - Mar 04, 2023
Buffie Blesi
A
It starts locally. The loss of small local papers, radio & news programs have diminished accountability and let local politicians seize higher office and impact national politics. But commitment to local (or any) investigative journalism takes $$$ & no one seems to want to pay & #corporategreed
09:03 AM - Mar 04, 2023
Mandy Steel
A
Elected officials to stop demonising news outlet's and reporters would I good start .
07:31 AM - Mar 04, 2023
Mary Beth
A
I value the TRUTH being told by the press. That has taken a back seat to clicks, money and power. I have enjoyed reading you because you have continually pushed the truth to the front. Our democracy is on the line and without the free press speaking up we could lose it. All media need to speak up.
10:13 PM - Mar 03, 2023
Lynn Colburn
A
The newsrooms used to be kept separate from advertising in TV/magazines/newspapers/radio. Many of the problems came as those lines were removed and purposefully blurred. As is said over and over - follow the money. Money and power that comes from it with a purpose of influence corrupts.
10:07 PM - Mar 03, 2023
Quickwitter
A
I'm old-school. I like when reporters reported facts, not opinions. They still gave both sides of the story, but were not present in the story themselves.
10:02 PM - Mar 03, 2023
Marie Barnes ??
A
What I value most about the press is its independence. What I would like most to see change is accountability; the press should be accountable to the people, and not be influenced by money or politics.
09:48 PM - Mar 03, 2023
Margo Green
A
I'm sick of clickbait. I want Walter Cronkite back. Maybe it's time to just report the news again without all the commentary and without the both sides crap.
09:44 PM - Mar 03, 2023
Agent Of Chaos
A
09:43 PM - Mar 03, 2023
Tanya
A
I want the press to stop acting like stenographers. They need to push back against lies and talking points.
09:40 PM - Mar 03, 2023
Karen Springer
A
I miss when journalists just gave the facts, without sprinkling it with their options.
Kathleen Rupnow
A
Good solid investigative reporting. Would stop all the both sides stuff and stick to the facts.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}