Professor Kyle
A
I could be wrong, but I feel like the vast majority of people who feel like there's a lack of engagement on Spoutible are barely ever on Spoutible. Those of us here all the time get plenty of engagement...because we use the site.
12:35 AM - Dec 15, 2023
Mara Miro
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Interesting. I think I disagree. I’m a first waver. I think day 1. I don’t post on here often because the engagement is so low. I try to come on and find posts to “like” at least a couple times a week. I post the exact same thing on various sites. Spoutible is routinely the lowest engagement.
03:25 PM - Dec 15, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Mara Miro.
But that’s the same as what I’m describing — you’re on once a week & post the same thing on multiple sites. Lots of us are on every day posting & interacting solely or primarily here, and we get loads of engagement. IOW, you get back what you put in. Note, you can cross-post from here to some sites.
03:36 PM - Dec 15, 2023
Mara Miro
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
I think I must not have been clear. I’m on spoutible almost every day, numerous times a day. What I was trying to say is that a couple times a week I make a concerted effort to like posts. It is very discouraging to post numerous times in a week and get absolutely no engagement. None.
03:40 PM - Dec 15, 2023

Only followers of this user (beec4240) can see their posts

Mara Miro
A
In response to aaron.
Please feel free to browse my profile. There are def things about Alabama, my cat, my husband. But they get no engagement. Very early on, I tried spouting about books and sports and other things that interest me. Nothing.
03:56 PM - Dec 15, 2023

Only followers of this user (beec4240) can see their posts

Mara Miro
A
In response to aaron.
As I have previously stated, I have posted about books and sports and British cars etc. Social media should not be work. It should be fun. As I have also previously stated, I try to “like” other people’s posts and make a concerted effort at least twice a week.
04:42 PM - Dec 15, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
Likes here do nothing to increase visibility of a Spout. Only the Spouter sees a Like & it does not do anything else. Only echoes & quote-spouts expand the views of a Spout. Likes here are almost annoying bc they indicate interest in a Spout but not enough interest to help anyone else see it.
06:15 PM - Dec 16, 2023
Mara Miro
A
I don’t even get likes here, generally! I’d take that! I understand what you are saying tho. I will take more effort to echo.
In response to Suzanne Chowla.
06:26 PM - Dec 16, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
I do understand your frustration. I just liked & echoed some of your spouts bc I find them interesting. And I followed you. Also, try either using or creating hashtags for common themes you spout abt so ppl w/that interest can find 'em in Explore, like #alabamacongressionaldistrict #alabamapolitics
07:18 PM - Dec 16, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Suzanne Chowla.
I just quote-spouted your heartbreaking & important spout about attacks on 6 (!) of 7 synagogues in Central Alabama, using related hashtags so people interested in related topics can find your spout if they search related-topic hashtags. I suggest you try a similar spouting style for ⬆️ visibility.
07:31 PM - Dec 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}